The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Echoes of War
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,
Echoes of War

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > General And Slightly Off Topic Talk > General Talk Archive

Old 04-22-2008, 06:29 PM   #101
Norm Braddock
Banned

My order disaster

I was hesitant to post this. I am typically a nice guy, however, this is not be misconstrued as being weak-not by any means. I work for a living much like you. I have saved for my purchases-money doesn't grow on trees.

Yes, I have two orders which have not been sent to me from Eugene and these are well overdue! No excuses accepted! Good business dictates sending the goods once payment has been received. This is 2008-look at the original posting dates. The pattern of dropping the ball bigtime is repetitive.

After numerous attempts of trying to contact him, I received an email over a month ago apologizing and stating that it would be sent asap. Well, WHERE THE HELL ARE MY ORDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Newbies beware where you buy.

Btw people, stop making excuses for him-how dumb do you think we are! F!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2008, 06:51 PM   #102
ANZAC

Guys I think the thread itself should have been enough warning on where to buy and where NOT to. I think that the less 'attractive' awards seem to take a considerable while to get where they need to go.

Thanks to Eugene and his attitude towards the 'little people' I started up my site and and bussiness aint to shabby

Gents, we are in a small collecting community where reputation, honesty and integrity are everything. I personally deal with 3 and only 3 people to get awards, all 3 are members of this forum and whose business ethics are un questionable, most know who I am referring to

I have no doubts that problems occur, personal and business, to prevent shipments etc, but at what point do you say whoa! and take a step back and review your collecting practices. Of course finding the right dealer has always been difficult for new collectors so this forum becomes a guide for those who are unsure or hesitant on where to get those awards they want to collect.

What we say here can damage or endorse a persons reputation as a collector and as a business person. Seek advice from those senior peope in the forum like Alexei, Paul and Marc, then make informed descisions, oh, and also read these sorts of threads......

Just my 'soap box' speech for the day.

Brendan
Old 04-22-2008, 08:06 PM   #103
medals73

My problems with him have never been resolved and I am prepared to simply shrug them off. Likewise, another collector has encountered serious problems in dealing with another NY-area dealer (most mostly into the auction trade) in terms of non-delivery of purchased items.

I despair the "hobby", as reliable and even remotely affordable dealers become a much-endangered (near-extinct?) species.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:29 AM   #104
Soljenytsine

rabkin

Hello,

J have buy a group on March 6th, j succeeds has contact it in the telephone it there 15 days, it promises me to post the group from the following day j always wait
Old 04-24-2008, 06:41 AM   #105
Lapa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soljenytsine View Post
Hello,

J have buy a group on March 6th, j succeeds has contact it in the telephone it there 15 days, it promises me to post the group from the following day j always wait
Unfortunately, this is the good old, standard pattern

Marc
Old 04-24-2008, 08:18 AM   #106
Norm Braddock
Banned

Update

I received an email last night apologizing and requesting my address-dejavu

Eugene,to achieve redemption entails sending ALL of the fellas above their orders-not just me! When ALL of the above receive their orders, perhaps then you may gradually build trust here again.

I will comment further upon receipt of my/our orders.

N
Old 04-24-2008, 02:26 PM   #107
medals73

I have heard this before, and BEFORE, and BEFORE . . . .

Old 04-24-2008, 03:09 PM   #108
Soljenytsine

you wait for how much months?

Marc
Old 04-24-2008, 04:12 PM   #109
ANZAC

It seems when this threads re opens communication happens I wonder if I ask for a pay rise on here my boss will give me one

Brendan
Old 04-24-2008, 10:56 PM   #110
new world

Colleagues,

I read your posts with mixed feelings.

On one hand - I can certainly sympathize with those of you who had to wait for few weeks or for couple of months before receiving awards you bought from Eugene. Sometimes I am in similar situation and I live only few miles away from Eugene.

But on the other hand I am surprised that not even one of you mentioned the fact that with Eugene you are getting excellent prices, possibly the lowest prices among active dealers!!! His prices are certainly lower than prices realized in collector to collector sales in Russia

How come none of you focus on positive aspects of dealing with Eugene??? Such as guarantee of authenticity.

Also, for me low prices are worth the wait. Prices keep going up and what you paid couple of months ago is already low... but you still get stuff from Eugene at original low price.

If you want super fast service - go to Igor from NJ, but that service comes with much higher price tag.

Every single of you who placed orders with Eugene will eventually receive your award, it could take a bit longer than you expect, but it will be worth the wait.

Colleagues, give Eugene some break! Selling awards is not his main activity in life, there are some more important responsibilities. Let's stop focusing on negatives and appreciate Eugene for all great deals you've got from him in the past!

William