The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Echoes of War
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > General And Slightly Off Topic Talk > General Talk Archive

Old 04-24-2008, 11:52 PM   #111
ANZAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by new world View Post

Every single of you who placed orders with Eugene will eventually receive your award, it could take a bit longer than you expect, but it will be worth the wait.

William
William

why do people have to wait after spending hundreds or even thousands of dollars I live on the other side of the world and it only takes two weeks from people I buy off in the USA, 3 weeks out of Russia.

As I said previously, Reputation, Honesty and Integrity is everything in our small collecting family. If you fail at any one of those you rarely get a second chance, Eugene I believe has had 3 or 4 chances with different people

I rarely get steemed up about such things, but it hardly fair that people pay out hard earned dollars expecting a service regardless of quality of item, and that service is not forthcoming.

To set the record straight I have had dealing with Eugene in the past and had no problems, the issues are the attitude towards those that that don't have the big Russian dollars to spend or any big money to spend for that matter. Top awards versus low awards there IS a difference in service.

B
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2008, 12:41 AM   #112
ericlida

Quote:
Originally Posted by new world View Post
Colleagues,

Colleagues, give Eugene some break! Selling awards is not his main activity in life, there are some more important responsibilities. Let's stop focusing on negatives and appreciate Eugene for all great deals you've got from him in the past!

William
I agree with William.
We don't know anything about Eugene's situation. There is hobby, and there is life. Sometimes there are so many different bad and good things happening in our lives. Most of time they are much more important than hobby or business.
I know Eugene as a very honest and good person. I purchased many things from him without any problems.
Probably something is happening in his life at this time. Please, be patient.
Eric
Old 04-25-2008, 05:52 AM   #113
EricFG

Maybe getting a delivery timetable up front, before placing an order with this gentleman may help things?
Old 04-25-2008, 06:25 AM   #114
Lapa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlida View Post
...There is hobby, and there is life....
Eric,

That is definitely true, but it happens to apply to ALL OF US, not just to Eugene.
It seems to be endemic in his specific case

Marc
Old 04-25-2008, 08:37 AM   #115
Norm Braddock
Banned

Oh brother! Utter nonsense from some of you! Will reply more later on this.

In the interim:

1. Igor runs an extremely professional outfit. Make an order with him-boom-tracking number provided-boom-it arrives qucikly by UPS.

2. I think the Aussie is going to get my business in the future.lol
Old 04-25-2008, 09:28 AM   #116
Tretov

What is the use of low prices and guaranteed authenticity when the items never arrive?
Old 04-25-2008, 11:39 AM   #117
Soviet

I don't know the man personally like other people here on the forum, but I think he has much time for the hobby because he is still biding all the time on e*Bay under the name "collect_rus". If he has time for eBay, why he doesn’t have time for his customer who already paid?
Old 04-25-2008, 11:58 AM   #118
Norm Braddock
Banned

Honor, Integrity

Here's my two cents:

1. I believe that all of us bought from him due to recommendations and/or because he is an expert in this field of study.

2. Patrick, the wise young lad, said it best above.

3. We have placed orders and paid. All we ask is to get our merchandise or refunds.

4. As odd as it may seem, I would give the dude business again if he made good on our orders.

5. Are we wrong to ask for our orders if they are long overdue?

6. Isn't this a great opportunity for to redeem himself here?

7. For some there may be a language barrier, can you appreciate how difficult it is for them to deal with this?

8. New World, we will chip in and buy you a bottle of good horilka if you give Eugene a ride to the post office to send us our orders. Proshoo, nee sidee yak quaka na yicho-help us instead.

9. For those who know him, pls plead with him for us. I would do the same for you as Im sure the others would.

10. For the interim, let's give him some time to redeem himself.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:35 PM   #119
ANZAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapusta Norm View Post
Here's my two cents:

1. I believe that all of us bought from him due to recommendations and/or because he is an expert in this field of study.

2. Patrick, the wise young lad, said it best above.

3. We have placed orders and paid. All we ask is to get our merchandise or refunds.

4. As odd as it may seem, I would give the dude business again if he made good on our orders.

5. Are we wrong to ask for our orders if they are long overdue?

6. Isn't this a great opportunity for to redeem himself here?

7. For some there may be a language barrier, can you appreciate how difficult it is for them to deal with this?

8. New World, we will chip in and buy you a bottle of good horilka if you give Eugene a ride to the post office to send us our orders. Proshoo, nee sidee yak quaka na yicho-help us instead.

9. For those who know him, pls plead with him for us. I would do the same for you as Im sure the others would.

10. For the interim, let's give him some time to redeem himself.
Ineteresting thoughts Norm as always

If you put this into 'life' context, this is how it compares:

If you go to a shop in the city and buy say, a Television, the salesmean says, no problem you'll have it in 48 hours straight to your home. 2 weeks later you still haven't got what you paid for and the store gives you excuses and says it will be there tomorrow but it still doesn't show up. Eventually when you get it you are pleased with the tv but unhappy it took so long to get it.

12 months late you want to upgrade again to a bigger tv. Would you go back to the same store after your bad experience and chance going through the same hassle again???

A thought for us all

Brendan
Old 04-27-2008, 06:46 PM   #120
new world

This is the hobby when things often tend to take time and some patience will help to keep the interest alive for years to come.

On one hand, some dealers are very fast (like Igor and Alexei, for example), but some are less so. Please also don't forget that Igor has several people working for him and selling awards is his full-time job.

On the other hand, some of the dealers, especially when dealing internationally will take longer. Think about how long it takes to get back your research request, but no one really blames Gregory or other researchers for 3-6 months waiting. Or try ordering anything from Russia and see how long it'll take.

I can bet you anything that you will get what you ordered from Eugene. In worst case scenario you will get your payment back. But you will NEVER loose with him. I am sure there's good reason for delay.

Just keep in mind when dealing with Eugene - that you may have to wait.

In the end - enjoy the process and don't take this too seriously, there's more to life than collecting medals.

William