The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Echoes of War
Echoes of War
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > General And Slightly Off Topic Talk

General And Slightly Off Topic Talk Forum for exchanging ideas and talking about general issues without straying too far off topic.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:44 AM   #191
DougD

5%

5% for "us" is not bad. I do not go to shows, though I am tempted for next years SOS, just to see certian people ( cheaper than flying to Russia).

Here is what happens (i speak here for cloth collectors and dealers, not about orders and medals): The Russians (from over there) like to come over once a year to see friends and talk business, etc. They tried a few years back in the late 90's and early 00's to do the MAX show, but were really discouraged and felt it was an "all German" club. Many gave up on going to it.

The SOS seems to be more open to non German collectors and so they like to meet up there. In the past 3 years it has become a good show for Russian cloth as these guys each tend to bring over 2 or 3 good items for the show and then loan them to dealers for display. Thats why certain dealers who might mostly do orders and medals will have a few nice cloth items at the SOS. After the SOS things get moved around again.

I have spoken to a couple of them this week and though nobody sold much in the way of high end items (rare to actually sell high end cloth at the shows; good for display though) they are all happy with the SOS over the MAX.

DougD
DougD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2007, 02:00 PM   #192
Auke

I think I'm not living in the best part of the world for this hobby... I wish I could have been there...
Auke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:55 PM   #193
Nack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougD View Post
5% for "us" is not bad. I do not go to shows, though I am tempted for next years SOS, just to see certian people ( cheaper than flying to Russia).

Here is what happens (i speak here for cloth collectors and dealers, not about orders and medals): The Russians (from over there) like to come over once a year to see friends and talk business, etc. They tried a few years back in the late 90's and early 00's to do the MAX show, but were really discouraged and felt it was an "all German" club. Many gave up on going to it.

The SOS seems to be more open to non German collectors and so they like to meet up there. In the past 3 years it has become a good show for Russian cloth as these guys each tend to bring over 2 or 3 good items for the show and then loan them to dealers for display. Thats why certain dealers who might mostly do orders and medals will have a few nice cloth items at the SOS. After the SOS things get moved around again.

I have spoken to a couple of them this week and though nobody sold much in the way of high end items (rare to actually sell high end cloth at the shows; good for display though) they are all happy with the SOS over the MAX.

DougD
How do the Russian-dwelling folk get all their wares over here? Some of the dealers had a ton of stuff.
Nack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:21 PM   #194
slava1stclass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nack View Post
How do the Russian-dwelling folk get all their wares over here? Some of the dealers had a ton of stuff.
Nack,

Generally they'll use big-name airborne shippers e.g., DHL, to move their items in bulk shipments when they come this way to deal.

Regards,

slava1stclass
slava1stclass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 04:30 PM   #195
Nack

Quote:
Originally Posted by slava1stclass View Post
Nack,

Generally they'll use big-name airborne shippers e.g., DHL, to move their items in bulk shipments when they come this way to deal.

Regards,

slava1stclass
Ah, thanks. Can't be cheap!
Nack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:33 PM   #196
ekclete

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougD View Post

DougD
Doug is right on this. As I understand it there were several big Soviet dealers in from Russia for the show. Hopefully they will return next year with some of the cool stuff they showed this year and maybe we can get you down there Doug; I heard there is a pub close by...
Old 08-13-2011, 06:29 PM   #197
Koopyetz

Yak-9 at Oshkosh 2011

Hello:

Photo taken at Oshkosh Air Show this past July.

Yak-9 was part of flyby.

Regards

Rick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy Yak-9 080.jpg (51.1 KB, 20 views)
Koopyetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:49 AM   #198
HuliganRS

Re: Yak-9 at Oshkosh 2011

I wanted to go but the wife is not a big fan of the drive...
Member #193
HuliganRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:21 PM   #199
ehrentitle

Fort Lee, VA Military Collectors Show 10 March 2012

There is a group military collectors in the Central Virginia area who have been talking about having a swap meet or military show near Fort Lee for a few months now. We have finally settled on a date and location and would like to invite members of this forum to attend.

The Fort Lee Military Collector's Show will be Sat, 10 March 2012 on Fort Lee, Virginia at the Regimental Club, Bldg 2609, C Ave (see directions at the end of this post).

The show will be from 9 AM - 3 PM with setup for table holders from 8-9 AM. Admission is Free and there is plenty of free parking.

To cover the cost of renting the main ballroom of the club we will be charging a small table fee. It is $10 for each 8-foot table if reserved in advance or $15 per table at the door. To reserve tables just PM me here.

The focus of the show of to trade, buy and sell Militaria. No firearms please.

It's really no hassle to get on Fort Lee, Virginia. The following link from the Fort Lee website provides driving directions to post: http://www.lee.army.mil/pmo/installa...ns.access.aspx

Those who do not have a military ID Card should use the Lee Avenue Gate off of Virginia Highway 36. There is one traffic light after the gate, go straight, then two blocks after the traffic light turn left onto C Avenue. The Regimental Club is several blocks down the road on the right.

Military ID Card holders can enter at the Sisisky Boulevard Gate also off of Virginia Highway 36 and then turn right at the second traffic light and the Regimental Club is just past the WWII Chapel.

Hope to see you there.
ehrentitle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #200
Ralph Pickard

Re: Fort Lee, VA Military Collectors Show 10 March 2012

Kevin - Thanks for the heads up. If we want to reserve a table who do we contact?
Ralph Pickard is offline   Reply With Quote