The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Echoes of War
Echoes of War
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > General And Slightly Off Topic Talk

General And Slightly Off Topic Talk Forum for exchanging ideas and talking about general issues without straying too far off topic.

Old 11-20-2004, 12:45 PM   #311
Christophe

Ron,

I share your point.

Even if it is not the subject of this thread :
* Is your OPC an issued one (do you have doc ?) ?
* Could you post a pic of the box ?
* What is its SN ?

If you prefer answer by PM, please feel free to do it...

Cheers.

Ch.
Christophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2004, 12:48 PM   #312
rboomsma

Hello Chris

I have not got it yet, Alexei still has it, I owe some cash still. It is the little white box they came in, with the serial number stamped on the top. It was an unissued Order. Serial #007773

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christophe
Ron,

I share your point.

Even if it is not the subject of this thread :
* Is your OPC an issued one (do you have doc ?) ?
* Could you post a pic of the box ?
* What is its SN ?

If you prefer answer by PM, please feel free to do it...

Cheers.

Ch.

Last edited by rboomsma; 11-20-2004 at 01:12 PM.
rboomsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 12:54 PM   #313
Alex.S

Currient Price For Order Of Red Star 3 Rivert

Hi

Just A Question For All Members Of Forum.

Red Star 3 Rivert, And Red Star Small Mondvor In Perfect Condition What Are The Currient Market Prices On These?

Thanx
Alex
Alex.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 02:53 PM   #314
olezha11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX.S
Hi

Just A Question For All Members Of Forum.

Red Star 3 Rivert, And Red Star Small Mondvor In Perfect Condition What Are The Currient Market Prices On These?

Thanx
Alex
I would say somewhere in the range 0f $1000-$1500 , because of the "Perfect Condition" To me they are much more interesting than Personal courage.
Oleg
olezha11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 03:37 PM   #315
Nota Bene

William,

That's a good question. I certainly don't expect to sell them immediately, but I do think that eventually they will sell. I see the current situation with prices going up like they do as a threat to my business. During the last year or so rare and even less common medals have almost completely disapeared from the market, so what I am trying to do is to build up a stock of those items even if the prices I pay seem exhorbitant at the moment. If the market crashes for some reason my kids will have to pay for their own education.

Alexei

Quote:
Originally Posted by new world
Alexei,

Don't take this personally, in no way my initial post was intended to blame you.

I realize that you've paid hefty price for these pieces, but do you think you'll find someone here in the US to put that much money on fairly common and low-ranking awards?

My point is that more than 99% of collectors will not be able to buy these RBLs - beginners and intemediate collectors sumply can't afford and majority of advanced collectors already got at least one of RBLs in collection.

Just my 2 cents.

William
Nota Bene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 03:39 PM   #316
Nota Bene

TO ALL MY FRIENDS AT THE FORUM:

I want you to know that I was really touched reading your posts in this thread, and I really appreciate your support and friendship!

Alexei, AKA the shark
Nota Bene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 12:06 AM   #317
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteti
Recently, I have come to a point where I simply cannot afford to buy orders and medal. The price for the missing items are simply too ridiculous. But I understand that this is market rules and not dealers' fault. Therefore, I have decided to expand my horizons a little bit.
I'm in the same boat. It's not that I can't afford them, but it's just that I can't rationalize spending as much money as being asked for them, on them. I was pretty unimpressed with the Khmelnitsky/Kutuzov/Suvorov 3rds when they were priced at under $1000. Now that they all bring over $2000, why would I want to buy them? That's just me, of course.

So, like Matteti, I've decided to direct my collecting interests elsewhere. Ironically, it's back to the same focus that got me collecting Soviet awards in the first place. I've decided to sell off the majority of my medals collection, keeping just a few nice groups, and use that money to further my interests in other directions. Does that mean that I'll never buy another award group? Certainly not! My posthumous Patriotic War collection is growing nicely, and finding those presents me with a nice and still relatively inexpensive challenge. Sure, I'll even probably buy a group every now and then if it's interesting enough, but in the long run, I'm pretty much out of the medals business.

And so far, I'm pretty happy with my decision. Sometimes one's interests change... I have been collecting Soviet awards for 12 of the 18 years I've been collecting militaria. I'm still staying on the Soviet side of the house, but am going for things that have more of an interest to me now.

Just my two cents...

--Dave
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 01:44 AM   #318
dannybou

I also have branched off a bit. I still need to add to my Soviet medals and Orders, but an Order of Lenin and maybe a Nevsky third class would probably be it for high end awards for me. In keeping with the Soviet side, I'm looking at badges of the USSR and medals and orders of Bulgaria. But all in all, what a fascinating hobby we have! I spend more time reading about Orders and medals that anything else. Yes it's too bad the prices are going up, but I'm having fun and learning an aweful lot, and for me, that's all that counts.
Old 11-21-2004, 05:37 AM   #319
rboomsma

Hello Danny

You should check out the mongolian orders, they are very well made and very, very beautiful.
And the prices are very low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybou
I also have branched off a bit. I still need to add to my Soviet medals and Orders, but an Order of Lenin and maybe a Nevsky third class would probably be it for high end awards for me. In keeping with the Soviet side, I'm looking at badges of the USSR and medals and orders of Bulgaria. But all in all, what a fascinating hobby we have! I spend more time reading about Orders and medals that anything else. Yes it's too bad the prices are going up, but I'm having fun and learning an aweful lot, and for me, that's all that counts.
Old 11-21-2004, 05:51 AM   #320
Christophe

Yes, and many of the Mongolian awards (the first ones) have been manufactured in the Soviet mints (Moscow and Leningrad). They are of the highest quality.
By the 1960's medals and awards were also manufactured in Ulan Bator and at the Hungarian mint int Budapest.

There exist a catalog for collecting them (with indications of prices) : "Dietrich Herfurth - Soviet Awards, Awards of the Mongol people's Republic - 4th edition".
There is a thread about it :

http://www.soviet-awards.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=3304

Ch.
Christophe is offline   Reply With Quote