The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,
Echoes of War

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > General And Slightly Off Topic Talk > General Talk Archive

Old 12-12-2006, 02:46 PM   #431
jefflgarrison

Collection of Russian Military Medals

Description:

In Glass Display Case

This is certainly a very rare find! A collection of Russian Military Medals from before the collapse of the USSR in 1991 to the present. We are offering this as a Lot of 47 medals all contained within a glass display case. The case has two seam separated corners repaired with tape.

Bid with confidence. We ship same or next business day using USPS Priority Insured mail with delivery confirmation and insurance anywhere in the USA or Canada.

Please ask questions, we will send more photo's if desired. Due to the highly collectability of these medals, we have placed a low reserve on this item. Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg baca_1.jpg (35.8 KB, 54 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2006, 03:52 AM   #432
Laurent

"Very rare Soviet Order"... EUR 40.- (USD 55.-)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg af61_1.jpg (19.1 KB, 30 views)
Old 12-28-2006, 03:23 AM   #433
Laurent

"Soviet Order of the Red Star"

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5f_1.jpg (24.2 KB, 9 views)
Old 12-28-2006, 07:08 AM   #434
Riley1965

Ebay jokes

Oh No!!! I left that variation of the Red Star out of my article!

Doc
Old 12-28-2006, 11:12 AM   #435
January

So I won a 1985 OGPW 2cl for US$5.05, which is a decent price for that award. Seller contacts me after the auction ends:

Seller to me:
Quote:
Hi,
I am ####, the seller of the WWII medal. I am glad you won the medal. But I want you to help me out with something since I am a new seller. I put a reserve prise of 20.00$ on both of my medals and it got sold for 3$. How do I go about this? Please try to understand me and help me out. I just think that I should at least sell it for 1/2 what it is worth which is my reserve price. Thanks. HAppy New Year to you!
My response:
Quote:
Hello;

I am sorry, but I don't understand what you are talking about. I don't know anything about any auctions of yours that sold for $3. I am only familiar with the one that I won, which sold for $5.05. I will send you payment for this in a few minutes.

Thanks greatly,

My Name
Seller writes back less than two minutes later:
Quote:
I am sorry for confusion. You are right the one u won cost 5.50 yet the reserve price is 20$.
My response:
Quote:
Hello, again;

I assure you that there was no reserve. Had there been a reserve, I would not have won the auction.

I have now sent you payment by PayPal. Please do not hesitate to let me know should you need anything further from me.

Thanks again,

My Name
Don't know where this one is going to go. If that guy thinks a 1985 OGPW is worth US$20, he's got another thing coming. Something tells me that this situation is going to end with me leaving negative feedback for the first time in my seven years on eBay.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:15 PM   #436
Lapa

January,

I am sure that eBay would love to hear about this transaction. The guy did not place a reserve on his lot because there is a fee for this service, yet he want you to believe that there was one. Just threaten him to report this transaction to eBay, that should straighten things out if he does not want to be kicked out.

Marc
Old 12-28-2006, 04:34 PM   #437
jefflgarrison

make sure he leaves his feedback before you do.

I purchased an item on eB?y and the seller complained about me living in Poland with a US address.

He told me to pay the top fee for shipping or he would void the sale and "report" me to eB?y.

I left a neutral feedback citing his threatening attitude and he gave me a negative.

You live and you learn.

Who will come to us with a feather - will be tickled by a feather!" - citation of Alexander Nevski
Old 12-28-2006, 08:53 PM   #438
EricFG

Do what Marc suggests. He's right on. And keep in mind the advice Jeff gives about feedback; never leave feedback until the goods are in your hand (and you're 100% satisfied).

BTW, $5 for a OPW is a great price, '85 2nd or not!
Old 12-30-2006, 11:16 AM   #439
January

Thanks greatly for all of your advice--it is much appreciated! Regarding Feedback, I wasn't planning to leave it until the last possible day for doing so.

Well, the seller wrote to me again saying that he couldn't possibly sell me the order for the price I won it for. I complained directly to eBay about it. Tried to complain to PayPal, as well, but they told me that not enough time had elapsed. I may try to call them on Tuesday.

I made a point of paying the seller since even with shipping it was only ten bucks. Having done so assures that the matter is now one of fraud, which (hopefully) ought to help my case. I'm not really bothered about it; the order was something of an impulse buy because the price was right. I'm actually in a pretty good mood as regards Soviet awards right now. I received a nice ORBL and a copy of Paul McDaniel's book yesterday (I already had other books on Soviet awards, but nothing quite so extensive), and I'm expecting to receive a Medal for the Construction of the Baikul-Amur Railroad any day now (one that I've been wanting for a while now), as well as an armour colonel's overcoat (I'm mostly a uniform collector and have only recently started to get really interested in awards). So I'm not letting one idiot on eBay bring me down.

Thanks again!
Old 12-30-2006, 03:55 PM   #440
willie777

Jan, you should file a dispute in paypal if you have not yet. He will either sell the item to you, or refund the money. If not, escalate it to a claim, where paypal will consider the statement you wrote in the dispute and probably paypal will steal some money from seller's account and deposit it in yours.