The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Echoes of War
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,
Echoes of War

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > General And Slightly Off Topic Talk > General Talk Archive

Old 12-06-2007, 06:25 AM   #61
medals73

Thanks, all.

The Red Star has gone walkabout (but is in our Database).

The research is even better. Nevsky for service in an armored unit as an air force forward observer . . . . Posted in full elsewhere.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2007, 07:52 AM   #62
matteti

Quote:
Originally Posted by medals73 View Post
Thanks, all.

The Red Star has gone walkabout (but is in our Database).

The research is even better. Nevsky for service in an armored unit as an air force forward observer . . . . Posted in full elsewhere.
As the icing on the cake, I wish our database will bring back the red star to the group!
Old 12-06-2007, 07:58 AM   #63
krzysztof

Red Star low S/N 437786

Hi
I'm still waiting for my Order of Red Star with research from Eugene.
Now past 4 months and I'm still waiting.
He not replay to my emails.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:04 AM   #64
matteti

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzysztof View Post
Hi
I'm still waiting for my Order of Red Star with research from Eugene.
Now past 4 months and I'm still waiting.
He not replay to my emails.
Reading Kryzstof and Medals73 messages, I am just wondering if Eugene actually have the items in his possession when he sells them or he sells them in consignment and get them only after having concluded the sale. Maybe this might explain some delays if it's the case.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:33 PM   #65
ekclete

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteti View Post
Reading Kryzstof and Medals73 messages, I am just wondering if Eugene actually have the items in his possession when he sells them or he sells them in consignment and get them only after having concluded the sale. Maybe this might explain some delays if it's the case.
If that is the case then Eugene should take the time to inform his customers of this fact and let them know it is going to take months to get what they ordered (and paid for).

I think most of us will wait and be patient with a situation like if we know about it. Not letting his customers know what is going on for months is the bad part.

A quick simple courtesy email to those who are waiting on items is just the right thing to do. Not responding to customers consistent attempts to communicate is just not good business. Thanks Clete
Old 12-06-2007, 12:53 PM   #66
matteti

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekclete View Post
If that is the case then Eugene should take the time to inform his customers of this fact and let them know it is going to take months to get what they ordered (and paid for).

I think most of us will wait and be patient with a situation like if we know about it. Not letting his customers know what is going on for months is the bad part.

A quick simple courtesy email to those who are waiting on items is just the right thing to do. Not responding to customers consistent attempts to communicate is just not good business. Thanks Clete
I just wanted to clarify that I DON'T KNOW if this is a fact. I just threw this as a possibility (maybe I shouldn't have) and I am curious to learn what happened for them. But I don't want to start a rumour or create Eugene some problems.

Last edited by CtahhR; 09-21-2012 at 07:44 AM.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:58 PM   #67
Mahdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nota Bene View Post
I know you are all upset, but I've known Eugene for years, and I still believe that there must be a real issue, preventing him from making good on his promises.
Wow, I'm definitely very late to add something to this thread, but hey --- the guy's reputation is at stake, so I figured I might as well say something. I have known Eugene for years and have met him in person. He is a man of his word no matter what it may seem like. We all have had unexpected situations that prevented us from going on with our lives as planned. I can assure you that $3,000 are not worth it for Eugene to ruin his reputation. I have bought items from him in the past and will not hesitate to do so again. (oh, and by the way - I live in Brooklyn not far from Eugene).

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteti View Post
I don't believe that this is the case, from personal experience with Eugene.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:07 PM   #68
medals73

As I say, two groups purchases: one large, one small. Despite almost no communication from him, the large group has come at long last. The smaller group? Hope springs eternal.

Reputation counts for everything in our small community. Lost honest dealers are mourned on a daily basis. Less-than-completely-honest dealers are well known and generally avoided. Until this transaction, my experience with Eugene has been good. This experience in this transaction has been so far from "good" that the English language fails in providing the requisite vocabulary.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:10 PM   #69
andrew6767

Although I do not know Eugene , I have been recently referred to his site by fellow members as a " genuine dealer ". I was on the point of making some purchases from him.

After seeing this debarcle , there is no way I will ever purchase anything from him at all.

Lets be realistic about it , it takes about 3 minutes to fire off an email...to anyone. He could have taken 3 minutes of his life to email Art if he didnt have time to email these people waiting. Art would have posted something about it on the site and everyone would have been reassured.

Instead , he has chosen to say nothing at all and cause stress and anxiety to people who had handed over their hard earned money for months. It is extremely poor form any way you look at it.

In now know of only 2 reputable dealers. If anyone else knows any more other than igor and alex , please send me a PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:15 PM   #70
krzysztof

Eugene.

I waiting for my Order of Red Star for more then 4 months.
I don't have replay from Eugene for my emails, but have look he selling on E...y with no hesitation.