The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Echoes of War
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,
Echoes of War

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > General And Slightly Off Topic Talk

General And Slightly Off Topic Talk Forum for exchanging ideas and talking about general issues without straying too far off topic.

Old 11-10-2014, 09:01 AM   #111
CtahhR
Forum Administrator

Re: Hi Everyone!

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I'm just sorry that I couldn't give you more attention as even though I was "off" yesterday it was rather busy with it being Remembrance Sunday. As you saw I had to be everywhere at once. It was a rather non-stop day.

I hope you got home in ease. I didn't mean to burden you with some much junk that you had to get a taxi but you're welcome to the uniforms and what have you if you're giving them a good home. Don't drink all the wine at once! It usually retails for £379 a bottle but as you know it certainly doesn't cost me anything like that and I could never drink it all.

Hopefully you got to see everything you wanted. I know it is a bit chaotic and information overload but there is never enough time. Maybe next time things can be a bit more focussed. you can have a think about what you'd like to see or do before you get here.

I'll post those Medals you brought with translated citations later today - the first time I've seen a trophy hunter's awards.

I don't know if you could call that pile of Korean awards a skip but I gave up counting them (or being able to move them) a long time ago. I was sold most of them extremely cheaply with the proviso that I keep them off the market so prices don't deflate. The same dealer sent me a picture of a warehouse in China that has so many DPRK awards in it (even the very top end and "rare" pieces) that even at a penny a piece I'd never be able to afford them. Maybe they should be sold by weight. Those "investing" are going to have a great surprise.
Old 06-27-2016, 03:31 PM   #112
DennisBC1976

May be of interest to a lot of people...

First of all, hello fellow collectors!
I am posting for the 1st time & will probably be looking for a lot of advice & asking a lot of questions. I have collected various militaria for a few years but have just got the opportunity to aquire a lot of Russian/Soviet/imperial/Eastern block items! A real varied bunch-i have found a goldmine but i dont have a lot of knowledge on the matters. Excuse me if i ask silly questions, we all have to start somewhere! I will be keeping some items & selling some on. My main interest is WW2 period. I have just aquired 2 folders worth of medals & have tried to research how rare/values etc & have found a great variety. Advice on where & what sections to post medals in would be great & also where to sell while trying to avoid dealers who are trying to make profits, id rather sell to fellow collectors.
Any advice is greatly appreciated,thank for now.
Dennis
UK based!
DennisBC1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:42 PM   #113
desantnik
Forum Moderator

Re: Hi Everyone!

Dennis, welcome to the forum. Post away and a moderator can reposition an incorrect placement if necessary. Feel free to look around and educate yourself as there are a lot of fakes out there.
desantnik is offline   Reply With Quote