The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Echoes of War
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,
Echoes of War

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > Soviet Sphere > German Democratic Republic > DDR Award Groups

Old 10-03-2013, 05:47 PM   #11
Greg Collins

Re: MfS Female Groups

Charlet,

Is Harzbecker her (Barbara Bucholz) married name? If so, this is a great group to have! I recommend you go to page 454 of Ralph Pickard's masterwork, "Stasi Decorations and Memorabilia, Volume 2". A couple of photos (one in colour with Minister Mielke) and a short write-up of this female freefall champion. Great find!

Last edited by Greg Collins; 10-03-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Greg Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2013, 12:28 AM   #12
charlet

yes, the GST docs allow us to conclusion. And it is a part of the great group detailed in Ralph's book.
I found her VVO in bronze, I'm trying to buy it...
charlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:25 AM   #13
Ralph Pickard

Greg - Very nice to see that your collection of groupings has increased yet again. It looks like you may have a complete medals grouping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Collins View Post
Yet another MfS female group, and the largest to date. It belongs to Unterleutnant Lieselotte Eckardt and spans her career from 1959 through 1985. All documents feature Minister Mielke's stamped signature and, rather than being individually cased, her medals are mounted. The awards covered are the NVA Long Service medals in Bronze (1964), Silver (1970), Gold (1975) and XX Gold (1979); Medal for Brotherhood in Arms, Bronze (1980) and the NVA Merit medal in Gold (1985). Also, MfS Anniversary shields for 20, 25, 30 and 35 years.

Of particular interest in this group are the Silver and Bronze Long Service medals. Note the differences in the Staatswappen on the lower award bar- the lack of the "ring around" on the Bronze and Silver. Also, the Silver medal is of 900 silver rather than "buntmetall"- the mark is shown in the last image.
Ralph Pickard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:44 AM   #14
Ralph Pickard

Charlet, it is nice to read that you have a large part of her collection. It will be interesting to read where her two Kampforden fur Verdienste am Volk und Vaterland end up. Maybe in your collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlet View Post
hello gentlemen, here is a curious group ( I own a gross 40% of the original group) from a meritorious sportwoman of the MfS. Here are the "E" pictures of the pieces I grabed... I you judge usefull to post more detailed picture, please grant me a bit of time!

Her two Kampforden fur Verdienste am Volk und Vaterland. Happy thing, the diplom for silver class bears the original signature of Erich Mielke. Seems History didn't leave her the time to have the gold class.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:26 PM   #15
Greg Collins

Going back to post #7... I have managed to find yet another doc for Liselotte Eckardt, which indicates this was not a complete set after all. This doc is for a silver Waffenbruderschaft from 8 February 1983. Of course this means that the medals were probably matched to the documents from the "git-go" (a pretty common practice) so, what I'll probably do now is remount the set and add the silver Waffenbruderschaft.

Based on what is here now for this lady who, from her MfS number (which I have) was born in 1930 and entered "the firm" in 1959 and stayed until, at least, 1985... well, I'm wondering if there's a Kampforden with her name on it somewhere? The search continues...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Eckardt ABC.JPG (113.2 KB, 5 views)
Old 11-09-2013, 05:44 PM   #16
Greg Collins

OK, managed to find a couple of sets of mounting hardware for both medals and ribbon bars, a nice cloth 3 ribbon bar and a silver Waffenbruderschaft and have "built" the Liselotte Eckardt group based on the 7 docs I've been able to find.

The 5 and 10 year service medals are early versions with the staatswappen but without the circle around- I've removed the 900 silver medals and found an alloy version which better matches the doc date. I already had an '80's silver Waffenbruderschaft, so I "racked it in". The small cloth ribbon bar would fit here as her first 3 medals (service 5, 10 and 15 years) cover the years '64 through '75 ('74 being the first year of the paper ribbon bar, it is reasonable to assume a transition period of + or - a couple of years). The paper ribbon bar was created from parts on hand and reflects all medals for the docs I have. As her career began in 1959 and went until, at least, 1985 (the date of the gold Merit Medal), she would have received anniversary badges for 20, 25, 30 and 35 years (sorry, no doc for the 20). I think I've covered everything. Here's the finished group photo:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MfS Eckardt Group ABC.JPG (115.2 KB, 13 views)
Old 11-10-2013, 10:15 AM   #17
Ralph Pickard

Greg - Since you found the brotherhood in arms document...the 20 year will turn up with your ongoing luck.

:-)
Old 11-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #18
Greg Collins

Ralph,

Thanks for the positive "mojo"... let's hope it works with the 20 year anniversary doc and any other pieces that can be attributed to Ms. Eckardt. An image at whatever stage of life would also fit nicely (if you are going to dream, dream big!).

Thanks Again,
Greg
Old 12-15-2013, 10:09 AM   #19
charlet

Gotcha! It costed me the price of an eye, but I bought the VVO in bronze B.Harzbecker was awarded in 1987. Really common, but still another piece saved from chaos and reunited.
charlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #20
Greg Collins

Congratulations; outstanding news! Please post when it arrives!