The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,
Echoes of War
Echoes of War

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > General And Slightly Off Topic Talk

General And Slightly Off Topic Talk Forum for exchanging ideas and talking about general issues without straying too far off topic.

Old 02-03-2004, 02:45 PM   #221
Tal Inbar

"Nikle Silver, Gold plate & Enamel detail, die struck single sided, reverse is mint marked with serial# 540248, suspended from correct 5 sided hard backed ribbon with pin, 95% original finish, very good overall with some light soiling to ribbon. Grade 8 I am asking around $60.00 Good luck and thank you for looking at my Medal's "

it's $59.99, and reserved price dont met....I wonder why.......

Order of maternal glory, 1st class - US $76.32 , 14 bidders and 25 Hours to go.........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4a_1.jpg (13.0 KB, 112 views)

Last edited by CtahhR; 12-12-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Tal Inbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2004, 10:25 AM   #222
HuliganRS

On one of the Russian forums there's a Suvorov 2 for sale to the highest bidder. His ground floor bid for it is $5,500 and he's getting at least that much already!

WoW! I'm glad I got mine at last 6 months prices...

Rusty.
Member #193
HuliganRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 10:44 AM   #223
new world

Rusty,

How do you know he's getting that much for his order?

What's getting posted on the forum you're referring to is just talk and I suspect is just a promoting board to artificially push up the prices...

Just because some people asked the seller for scans is not a warranty of serious interest, not mentioning an offer.

William
new world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 11:22 AM   #224
Eugene

There is no indication yet he is getting even fraction of his asking price
Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 12:07 PM   #225
HuliganRS

Gentlemen,

I understand your points.

All I'm saying is that now in Russia there are individuals asking that much.
If I could get that much for mine, I would sell it too

Do you know what is the going rate for Suvorov 1,2,3, Kutuzov 1,2,3, Khmelnitsky 1,2,3 in Russia?

Thanks,

Rusty.
Member #193
HuliganRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 02:16 PM   #226
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene
There is no indication yet he is getting even fraction of his asking price

Whew! I was getting worried!

I remember the hysteria that a particular major dealer caused recently when he mentioned (off-hand) that an Ushakov medal was being offered in Kiev for $600. That quickly translated in "An Ushakov medal sold in Kiev for $600" to "An Ushakov medal sold quickly in Kiev for $600" to finally: "Oh my gosh! $600 is a STEAL for an Ushakov medal, they're selling all over Russia for that price!!!" all within a week's time period.

Unfortunately, I heard that last version from a guy who I was in process of buying an Ushakov group from for less than that, and as a result of this "telephone"-type exchange of rumors, ended up jacking up the price of his group a few hundred dollars! It was only after confronting the dealer about the statement that I actually learned what the original version was!

--Dave
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 02:19 PM   #227
Eugene

The point is who doesn't allow you ask $10,000 or $20,000? Go ahead and ask. That doesn't mean you are going to sell for your asking price.
I saw a couple years ago the guy have listed OPW 2 1985 year of issue for $400 on Ebay.
Rusty, can you guess if he sold this order.

Dave,
It's my fault. I was the guy who told about Ushakov medal for $600. That happened last year.
The truth is it wasn't sold right away. During regular show that take place every last weekend in Kiev one guy was offering the medal for $600.
Off course, nobody was buying it even if the price was $500 and there was not anything else to buy.
Finally, after two days of show newcomer bought the medal.
The dealer transferred this story into ""An Ushakov medal sold quickly in Kiev for $600".

Last edited by CtahhR; 12-12-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 05:50 PM   #228
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene
It's my fault.
Eugene-

I hadn't heard that part of the story yet!

The thing that makes me suspect about a lot of stories is that I've attempted to sell some of my higher end stuff (Cavaliers and HSU's) to Russia (and to dealers that have been sending a lot back), even at the prices I paid for it several years ago. Maybe it's just me, being a "non-pro" in the business, but I have yet to sell anything back to Russia. Most of the reaction I get is "that's nice... try someone else". And later, I hear the fantastic stories about how EVERYTHING is going up in price! Maybe that's true in Russia, but it sure as heck isn't helping me to sell stuff!

--Dave
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 04:28 AM   #229
new world

Order of Honor for sale by large dealer from NJ - $740!!!
new world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 04:16 PM   #230
Taz

Lenin Type 4

Starting price €500!!
Buy it now €650, It has an Expertise from Herfurth but that is still a bit much
don't you think?

Eddie.