The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Echoes of War
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,
Echoes of War

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > General And Slightly Off Topic Talk > General Talk Archive

View Poll Results: What do you think of an mini-award graphic for forum supporters?
$20 increments would be great. A new award for each time I donate. 8 47.06%
$50 increments would be better, I like a little privacy regarding what I choose to donate. 1 5.88%
I think one graphic only should be given no matter what the donation. 5 29.41%
I don't like it. I'd rather my donations not be recognized by a graphic. 3 17.65%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2004, 05:26 PM   #21
Christophe

Donate !!! Support This Forum !!!!

Pffouuu !!

What a debate!!! Nearly a graphics war !!!!

Now, back to basics. Please, don't forget the more important : DONATE and support the Forum!!!!!

No matter the graphics, the "Forum Donors Awards"; if you appreciate this Forum (and I know you ALL appreciate it), please support Art in donating.

And, specifically since Art has taken the right (in my opinion) decision to maintain a free access to the Forum, and I thank him for this, we can all donate. There maybe just be an exception for the youngsters : students...

So, please let's help Art to improve and maintain this belove Forum : Let's DONATE!!!... whatever the graphics will be.

Cheers.

Ch.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2004, 06:20 PM   #22
Dolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christophe
Pffouuu !!

What a debate!!! Nearly a graphics war !!!!

Now, back to basics. Please, don't forget the more important : DONATE and support the Forum!!!!!

No matter the graphics, the "Forum Donors Awards"; if you appreciate this Forum (and I know you ALL appreciate it), please support Art in donating.

And, specifically since Art has taken the right (in my opinion) decision to maintain a free access to the Forum, and I thank him for this, we can all donate. There maybe just be an exception for the youngsters : students...

So, please let's help Art to improve and maintain this belove Forum : Let's DONATE!!!... whatever the graphics will be.

Cheers.

Ch.
Christophe,

I couldn't agree more with what you say on this post and I entirely support the idea that those who can afford it should donate to help the fantastic job Art has been doing, with the cooperation of these great Moderators we have, to keep this Forum (that I'm sure we all love and enjoy very much) going forever!

I only don't think it's appropriate to create "classes" of donors and imho it would be much nicer if all donors were "awarded" the same graphic...
Just my two cents...

Best,

Dolf
Old 12-10-2004, 02:21 AM   #23
Christophe

Dolf,

I'm sure that in the coming days (when the poll is closed), Art will propose us a clever and nice way to "honorate" donors...
In Art we trust.

Cheers.

Ch.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:33 AM   #24
dannybou

I voted for one graphic only. But in reality, I do believe Art will come up with the best solution.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:11 PM   #25
Art
Forum Founder

Guys,

First I want to thank all of you for participating in this discussion. I'm glad to see that everyone cares how things like this get implemented in the forum. As long as I get the type of feedback this issue has generated, I'll make sure we do it again if something similar comes up.

I propose the following. I will do whatever the donors want. How that for simple If you'd like to participate in the $20 increment mini-award program, that's fine. If you want to participate in the $50 increment mini-award program, no problem..If you want one graphic only...that's great. If you don't want any graphic at all, that's O.K. too!

I think So, for now hang tight..I'm going to have to draw up a prototype for each award program for you guys to look at. I'm thinking each program should have a distinct look. If you have an idea of what we should be using, post it in this thread. Try to keep the height no taller than 35 pixels high, by 100 pixels wide. We need the following:

1. A mini-award example for the $20 program
2. A mini-award example for the $50 program
3. One award for the single award program

I think the same number of years donated graphic will be used in all programs. I believe we decided to go with the multiple awarding number plate from the Order of the Red Banner.

Art

Last edited by Art; 12-13-2004 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:54 PM   #26
Christophe

Art,

How difficult is it to reach consensus !!!
Good and beautiful effort !!

Reacting to your interesting proposal, and based on its content, and without any substantial change, I propose the following additional comments and simplifications :

* Clearly, we have to go with the "multiple awarding number plate from the Order of the Red Banner" for the "number of years donated".

For those who just want "One award for the single award program", it could be this one only (not linked to the amount donated, but the length).

* For the others who are not against giving an indication of the amount donated :
You have just to make sure there is a correspondance between the two programs.

For example :
0 - 20$ = Order A
21 - 40 $ = Order B
41 - 60$ = Order C = 1st level fo the 50$ program
61 - 80$ = Order D
81 - 100$ = Order E = 2nd level of the 50$ program
101 - 120$ = Order F
etc...

For the 50$ program, you will have :
0 - 50$ = Order G, that could be Order C...
51 - 100 $ = Order H, that could be Order E...

etc, etc...

Of course, these would add to the "multiple awarding number plate from the Order of the Red Banner" for the "number of years donated".

W should soon look like Brezhnev !!!!

What do you think ?

Hope this helps.

Ch.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:17 PM   #27
Art
Forum Founder

Christophe,

I like combining the two programs, maybe the awards at the first and second levels of the $50 program can have a little gold glow around them or something, just so they look a little different from the others. This way, when participants of the $20 program hit the first level of the $50 program, the graphic will be a little more ornate than the rest. Just to set it apart from the others.

The single award I think should be something separate from the years donated award. I think the people tat want a single award should get something unique too.

Art
Old 12-13-2004, 06:18 PM   #28
Dolf

Art,

When I initially saw your FS graphic under your avatar I found it an excellent example of what should be the very same graphic for all donors, no matter the value of the donation. That's what I found funny in the idea and even interesting in therms of marketing, or in other words to motivate more members to donate.
I believe I emphazised the importance of donating and therefore support this fantastic Forum on another thread a few days before your graphic appeared for the 1st time, so I guess you know I support the idea 100%.
But I never thought of donors being awarded "mini-Soviet real awards" as a graphic under the one of the avatar, in fact one of the reasons I found your graphic really nice it's because is something different, not an awards that really exists.
Imagine one donor with a Red Banner as an avatar, showing also another Red Banner as a donor's graphic!

So, simple question: isn't that possible that all donors have just a graphic like the one you have? Wouldn't that be simpler?

Just my two cents...

Thanks.

Dolf
Old 12-13-2004, 06:33 PM   #29
Art
Forum Founder

Dolf,

Well, the poll shows people who want the mini-awards in the majority, but I have no problem letting anyone participate the way they want. If someone has a big smily face they want as their donor graphic, it's O.K. by me. I'm just suggesting a few ways to recognize those who have contributed. If anyone wants to create graphics outside of the ones I suggested, by all means please do so..I think it would be great if we could offer several different graphics for the donor recognition. Naturally, I can't make sets of graphics for every idea myself, so I will stick with what I proposed and anyone who wants to add to it may do so. I will also offer the the award you see now on my profile for anyone who wants to use it.

Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolf
Art,

When I initially saw your FS graphic under your avatar I found it an excellent example of what should be the very same graphic for all donors, no matter the value of the donation. That's what I found funny in the idea and even interesting in therms of marketing, or in other words to motivate more members to donate.
I believe I emphazised the importance of donating and therefore support this fantastic Forum on another thread a few days before your graphic appeared for the 1st time, so I guess you know I support the idea 100%.
But I never thought of donors being awarded "mini-Soviet real awards" as a graphic under the one of the avatar, in fact one of the reasons I found your graphic really nice it's because is something different, not an awards that really exists.
Imagine one donor with a Red Banner as an avatar, showing also another Red Banner as a donor's graphic!

So, simple question: isn't that possible that all donors have just a graphic like the one you have? Wouldn't that be simpler?

Just my two cents...

Thanks.

Dolf
Old 12-13-2004, 06:45 PM   #30
Dolf

Art,

Thanks a lot! I knew you would decide for the best, wise decision!

Dolf