The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,
Echoes of War
Echoes of War

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > General And Slightly Off Topic Talk > General Talk Archive

Old 02-23-2008, 11:46 AM   #41
matteti

I totally agree with Riley, I have no intention to buy anything, but I will still be watching their catalogue and their prices with interest for what it worth.

So for the new members of the forum, please read this full thread before to decide to participate to this auction.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2008, 01:29 PM   #42
Riley1965

Medal House

Greakly,
While I do appreciate your attempt to clarify this issue, reputations are on the line here. Paul S. & Paul McD. are HIGHLY respected here. Gregory is also well known and respected here and has helped so many of us with his services. I did not appreciate Paul McDaniels reputation being put in jeopardy by the "Mistake" in your catalogue. For now, I'll avoid this auction until it can show that it is more responsible in the statements it makes. Think about it, PLEASE!!!

Best,
Doc
Old 02-24-2008, 04:14 AM   #43
GREAKLY

Doc and all other participants of this discussion,

I, actually, have spoken with both Paul McDaniel and Paul Schmitt this weekend at the SOS and, I believe, that for the most part last year's "misdescription" issue has been resolved. All proper apppologies were given to Paul McDaniel and accepted by him. Regarding Paul Schmitt's position (unfortunately, I forgot to ask him if his view of the situation has changed over the year) I can hardly add anything but to repeat one of my previous posts:

Most of the Soviet items listed in the catalog have been sold either at the live auction or during the post-auction sale. Vast majority of those were purchased by very knowledgeable dealers and collectors, some of whom are active participants of this forum. Up to this date all purchases have been delievered to buyers and not a single complaint has been received by the MedalHouse regarding authenticity of any of the Soviet items sold at March 2007 auction. Therefore, at this moment, I honestly do not see the point of conversation. I mean, if there's an ACTUAL BUYER who has ARGUMENTED/FACTUAL concern regarding Soviet items s/he personally purchased at March 2007 auction s/he should sumbit the claim (whether in person, by email, mail, at this forum, etc.) and MedalHouse would be glad to discuss the issue and resolve it in a timely manner to a mutual satisfaction. But until such person/claim appears there is nothing else that could be said...

BTW, the same authenticity warranty applies for all Soviet items offered for sale at this year's (March 2008) MedalHouse auction. Given, that no complains were submitted during 2007 that should serve as a good example of the value of this warranty.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:34 AM   #44
Bob

Would it be possible to post a PDF downloadable version of upcoming auction catalogue somewhere?

Thanks!
Old 02-28-2008, 02:13 PM   #45
Art
Forum Founder

Bob, not really. I don't feel that a downloadable advertisement is appropriate. Thanks.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:27 AM   #46
new world

I see a lot of heated opinions about this auction.

Most of the members who posted here (including myself) are not going to buy anything from this auction (for price reasons mostly), so why are you so much involved with what's going on with logistics of this sale?

I am just curious.

William
Old 02-29-2008, 10:07 AM   #47
Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Bob, not really. I don't feel that a downloadable advertisement is appropriate. Thanks.
Didn't specifically mean here on this site. In any case, Jani has confirmed he'll be posting a PDF in a week or so on his site.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:14 PM   #48
CtahhR
Forum Administrator

After reading through this rather interesting thread (again), I checked up on "MedalHouse" and it seems they stopped doing business around 4 years ago.

Wonder why?

I also found out that the address of the "MedalHouse" was also sold in 2011 with an asking price of €279,000.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:39 AM   #49
Eryk

Re: Medal House

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtahhR View Post
After reading through this rather interesting thread (again), I checked up on "MedalHouse" and it seems they stopped doing business around 4 years ago.

Wonder why?

I also found out that the address of the "MedalHouse" was also sold in 2011 with an asking price of €279,000.
Funny... who would have thought?

As for the address being sold, do you mean the physical real estate, or web address (their site is actually still up)?
Old 01-23-2014, 12:43 AM   #50
CtahhR
Forum Administrator

Re: Medal House

The physical "house". The seriously out of date website lingers yet.