The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Echoes of War
Echoes of War
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > Soviet Sphere > German Democratic Republic > DDR Badges

Old 12-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #1
deValcourt

Auxiliary Police "Voluntary Helper" Badges/Awards

In addition to state security and МВД badges, I have been collecting the civilian and semi-civilian Druzhinnik and auxiliary police badges and documents over the years as well.

I recently moved into the East German or DDR arena for these items and this is my first badge in the police "helper" category. I am interested to know if there were other types or variations of this badge. Since Druzhinnik badges changed over time in design and materials used for construction, there is no reason to assume the same of these.

Also shown is the cover of a blank ID booklet for one of these badges. There are more photos and other examples of these booklets at: http://soviet-awards.com/forum/sovie...ary-group.html and now at: http://soviet-awards.com/forum/sovie...-booklets.html thanks to Ralph.

Phillip
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Police helper badge.jpg (23.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Police helper badge rev.jpg (29.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DDR Police Helper ID cover.jpg (123.3 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by deValcourt; 12-08-2013 at 03:06 PM.
deValcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #2
Taz

Re: Auxiliary Police "Voluntary Helper" Badges/Awards

Hi Phillip,
I'm not sure there were any variants of this particular badge, it was only used from 1981-90 and in that time also became a service plaque no longer a badge as such.

Regards Eddie
Old 12-09-2013, 08:17 PM   #3
Greg Collins

Phil,

As far as I am able to determine, there are no variations in the badge- pretty much for the reason Taz gave... a "short life". There were, however, several variations in the armbands. The earliest was printed (not embroidered) and had the police star with a tri-coloured shield without the State seal (wappen). This progressed to a printed version of the armband similar to the one in my "Helfer" post, and then on to the most common, embroidered example (exactly like the one featured in that post).

Best,
Greg
Old 12-10-2013, 04:24 AM   #4
Taz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Collins View Post
Phil,

As far as I am able to determine, there are no variations in the badge- pretty much for the reason Taz gave... a "short life". There were, however, several variations in the armbands. The earliest was printed (not embroidered) and had the police star with a tri-coloured shield without the State seal (wappen). This progressed to a printed version of the armband similar to the one in my "Helfer" post, and then on to the most common, embroidered example (exactly like the one featured in that post).

Best,
Greg
Printed and embroidered versions of the armband, one other point to note with regards to the badge is that there were no strict rules and regulations about wearing it apart from that it should be worn on the lapel.

Regards Eddie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dvp printed.jpg (45.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg dvp embroidered.jpg (46.2 KB, 3 views)