The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Echoes of War

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > General And Slightly Off Topic Talk > General Talk Archive

Old 07-11-2010, 02:20 AM   #901
Lapa

Re: Ebay jokes

You guys seem to love conspiration theories
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2010, 02:23 AM   #902
deValcourt

I don't think this one needs any introduction, but the seller says it is a "Russian Navy Parade Uniform" - please...

Phillip
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dmbsuit2[1].jpg (87.6 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg dmbsuit3[1].jpg (109.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg dmbsuit4[1].jpg (72.0 KB, 18 views)
Old 12-22-2010, 03:08 PM   #903
Commissar

I just found this going for over six grand.

Perhaps it is real? The hat looks dusty but the rest of the uniform looks quite nice.

What do you guys think?
Old 12-22-2010, 03:29 PM   #904
kiwiussr

an interesting group of decorations and medals, looks like he served from stalingrad through and past afganistan, and looks like mostly labour awards apart from 4 red stars and 3 OGPW which all look like 1985 issue, seems alot of money for a nice uniform with some "added" awards, would be great if it included documents for all the awards
Old 12-22-2010, 04:05 PM   #905
Commissar

My thoughts exactly.
But I just figured it was interesting because most people think the KGB general is a myth, which it probably still is?
Old 12-22-2010, 04:20 PM   #906
Lapa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissar View Post
...But I just figured it was interesting because most people think the KGB general is a myth, which it probably still is?
That is a standard Air Force uniform...

Marc
Old 12-22-2010, 05:14 PM   #907
Tretov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapa View Post
That is a standard Air Force uniform...

Marc
Nope, it is not a standard air force uniform, it is actually dark green and not dark blue. I have seen this very uniform in Tallinn several times, first time in 2001. Since then it has been for sale in 3-4 different shops and the top awards has been changed, the more expensive ones has been traded for cheaper awards.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:55 PM   #908
RedMaestro2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tretov View Post
Nope, it is not a standard air force uniform, it is actually dark green and not dark blue. I have seen this very uniform in Tallinn several times, first time in 2001. Since then it has been for sale in 3-4 different shops and the top awards has been changed, the more expensive ones has been traded for cheaper awards.
I too saw this uniform in Tallinn when I was there over the summer. I tried getting a better look at it, but I had a hard time communicating with the owner. Figuring that it was put-together and that the badges were fake (is this a correct guess?), I wanted to buy some of the lesser individual awards from it. But the owner didn't seem interested in selling anything in his shop at all. (is it just me, or are a lot of antique dealers like that?)
Old 12-22-2010, 07:05 PM   #909
Tretov

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMaestro2 View Post
I too saw this uniform in Tallinn when I was there over the summer. I tried getting a better look at it, but I had a hard time communicating with the owner. Figuring that it was put-together and that the badges were fake (is this a correct guess?), I wanted to buy some of the lesser individual awards from it. But the owner didn't seem interested in selling anything in his shop at all. (is it just me, or are a lot of antique dealers like that?)
That is probably because most sellers, and especially this person, can hardly speak any english. Täytyy puhua suomea tai eesti keel jos olet Virossa

Also, I understand they are not keen to pull awards from the uniforms because that would leave a gap in the decorations. From what I have heard from the folks in the shop where the uniform was for display in 2001-2003, all the higher decorations on that uniform are fakes/copies.

Without going into politics - sellers in Estonia and the baltics generally (not limited to militaria) are not that keen to sell like in western countries. Often they sit around waiting for you to approach them with your purchase "request" (I want this and this and this), you pay your money and leave.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:22 PM   #910
deValcourt

There are a number of awards that either don't belong (can't belong) or are right out fakes. I can say without much margin for error that the 60th anniversary of the KGB badge is a fake - we went through a long series of posts in the fake KGB badges thread about one exactly like it. And if that is the case, I have my real doubts about the 50th and 70th.

So the impression is strongly given that it belonged to a KGB "big wig." However, the 50th anniversary of the Soviet Public Prosecutor's Office on the lapel is a questionable addition and the VV MVD badge for excellent service (as a rule for participation in the first and/or second Chechen War) on the lower (wearer's) left side is not only from a completely different organization, but a very post-Soviet award usually given to border guard troops.

Labor/political awards were far more common for KGB personnel to have than military ones - mainly because they were technically not part of the military after they were KGB, so that's not unusual.

My overall impression is that too many awards are out of place, which bothers me (personal preference).

I'm not sure I got what it is that the seller is saying this uniform is.

Phillip