The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Echoes of War

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > General And Slightly Off Topic Talk > General Talk Archive

Old 05-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #71
desantnik
Forum Moderator

Re: members decorations and medals

I agree. I'll also add that the original offender chose to double-down on his deception, then attempt to erase his tracks.

Perhaps the thread is a little dated, but there is worth in calling a spade a spade, moreover when it's spreading its manure elsewhere and isn't contrite enough to clean up its mess.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #72
charlet

gentlemen, I think a lot of facts about this pathetic guy have been established and all previous remarks said are perfectly legit; now I simply ask this question: do we mix up this forum with a court of justice ?

Last edited by charlet; 05-15-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:36 PM   #73
andrew6767

I wouldnt say they were all facts at the time, certainly there was suspicion by many. That Ctahhr was now established and posted the vital fact that " I have confirmed that this individual has never served in the British Armed Forces " is enough for me to confirm the OP was lying. Its also worth nothing that he actually started the thread by posting what he claimed were his medals.

Perhaps some dont see it as a serious offence, certainly as I mentioned if he wore those medals in my country he would be charged, convicted and shamed. But obviously in some other countries it is perhaps not looked upon as seriously, I dont know.

My opinion only of course.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:13 PM   #74
charlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew6767 View Post
I wouldnt say they were all facts at the time, certainly there was suspicion by many. That Ctahhr was now established and posted the vital fact that " I have confirmed that this individual has never served in the British Armed Forces " is enough for me to confirm the OP was lying. Its also worth nothing that he actually started the thread by posting what he claimed were his medals.

Perhaps some dont see it as a serious offence, certainly as I mentioned if he wore those medals in my country he would be charged, convicted and shamed. But obviously in some other countries it is perhaps not looked upon as seriously, I dont know.

My opinion only of course.
I can rassure you, in Europe we are not all barbarians and medals usurpation is severely punished. I just want to bring back to mind that we are not prosecutors, and this is only a forum. Mythomany is different from real - mean real life - and public usurpation. Many layers of shame have been put on this guy, is this usefull to put the punisher disguise and add an "n-th" layer?
Old 05-16-2013, 08:40 PM   #75
CtahhR
Forum Administrator

I think the public has spoken;
eBay Feedback profile for kiwiussr
and more recently;
eBay Feedback profile for dprkkiwi

Would you purchase from him?

The photograph I recently posted was originally posted online in May 2007 so the lie has been going on for a long time. He has had every opportunity to retract and apologise but continues to lie and rip off. If he is still active in his negative pursuits is it unreasonable to be active in making people aware of the fact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiussr View Post
what is a medal or order worth?
As I have a personal group of medals from my military service which contains two decorations, 2 MID and two Americian decorations along with 7 other service / campaign medals the metal value is almost nil, but the insured value is £70 - 80k. but to me and my family is not the money value but what the medals mean to me and my family. I think collecting soviet or any other medals / orders is about ensuring the history of individuals are remebered and saved so we are aware of the bravery, sacrifice and pain they went through to ensure we have the freedoms we enjoy today.

kiwi
Quote:
Yes collecting is an expense, if you have money to buy, you will have some sort of budget which will result what a collector can buy or not buy. I feel anyone that collects soviet orders or medals for the value of the metals that are used for making of the orders / medals are collecting for the wrong reason, maybe they should collect gold or shares.
As anyone that has served in the military, recieving a medal for bravery is a very special thing, from the action that resulted in the awarding of the award through to how and when you recieve it, trust me nothing makes you feel morte proud than recieving a medal from the queen or a high ranking officer. To me precious metal prices do not effect any other medal collecting from other countries, why should it effect soviet orders!!! As perviously mentioned why is my personal group valued and £70,000 - £80,000 when the metal value would not be more than £100, it is the history and story behind the medals that defines the value of which some one wants to pay

It is the history of the medals that are the value, which will be reflective by supply and demand. prices have gone up over the last few years as more collectors are intersted in soviet orders as well as the ban on exporting societ orders and medals from russia, so the supply is now less than the demand which will push prices up, not the metal the orders are made of

kiwi

There are many threads on this forum stating "don't buy from X" or "I had a bad deal with X". They have been left there as a permanent reminder. If someone wants to look for "Eugene" or "Mark Signa" they can and then from there make up their own mind. Anyone who has posted in any of these threads has only drawn attention to them even if it is only to say "Should this be said?" - It all draws focus.

It has been suggested to me to split this thread into two. The "lie" and the "legitimate". Paul's fabulous chest of awards alone does not deserve the injustice of being arranged anywhere near to the lying imposter's.

Hopefully it will also encourage some more enthusiasts and hobbyists in good standing to post some of their awards be they for service in military, civil, charitable or other lines.

I don't expect to see a parade of Hero Stars, Victoria Crosses, Presidential Medals and Imperial Sashes but if a member of this forum has been awarded for their contribution to the world they should be able to feel free to post here and receive their well earned kudos. Sometimes the greatest rewards are not bits of metal but the respect and trust of those around you.

In this day of communications everyone in the entire world is viable for recognition, all you have to do is take part!

Last edited by CtahhR; 07-13-2013 at 04:33 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:17 AM   #76
andrew6767

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtahhR View Post
Paul's fabulous chest of awards alone does not deserve the injustice of being arranged anywhere near to the lying imposter's
Absolutely. Its unfortunate the direction this has taken, but its hard to ignore.

I realise we are getting off topic here, but based on your last reply its probably relevant. I was just looking at some of the ebay feedback for our highly decorated friend and noticed this in one of his sales :

" Great Condition and 100 % genuine buy with confidence as I am a member of the OMRS so all items listed with honest descriptions "

I notice that OMRS is a UK based organisation and wondered if you were also perhaps a member ? If so, perhaps they should be informed this individual is ripping people off and impersonating a serviceman with medals he is not entitled to ? I am sure they wouldnt want any association with him.

Anyway, he is certainly the head candidate for the wall of shame thats for sure.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:09 AM   #77
CtahhR
Forum Administrator

I doubt that is a truth.... I'm not a member of anything phaleristic other than this forum so can't delve into that aspect.

I recorded his name on file a good time ago and communicated to personnel near where his real address is (not UAE nor Ireland) to keep an eye out for the imposter. Posting pictures saying "these are mine" takes far less courage than putting them on your chest in public and having to look the part and dodge questions.

From conversation and his ip addresses I would not be surprised if he were actually Indian.

If you look through the posts here you will find a trail of boastful lies, strange English with bad spelling, a parade of fakes, little knowledge of items and even support for other pedallers of fakes.

Being the first name on a wall of shame is a reward in itself.

He also has another ebay account (uk based of course) that he both buys and sells fakes with so beware.

Here is how he presented the lie in 2006 - notice it was to someone else as he posted using his "real" name.

"I have just posted a photo of a medal group, I am looking for a value for
the group.the person has served in the RNZN for 4 years from 1981 - 85 and in
the 21sas rgt(r sqd) from 1986 - 95 served in the indian ocean, cyprus, northern
Ireland, first gulf war,central america, lebanon

I would love to post citations, but due to the nature of how they were awarded
I can not do this at this time as they have not been publicly listed. I can tell
you that the DCM was awarded in lebanon and it was down graded from a
recommended higher award and the MM was awarded for Northern Ireland

In regards to this person he wishes to remain name less for personal
reasons, but have all certificates and paper work for his whole career. As
mentioned served in the RNZN and then in R sqd 21 sas in the uk, was attached to
22nd sas for a period of 4 years and is a kiwi
regards"

In 2010

Quote:
thought I would start, please find my personal awards / medals for 12 years service in the RNZN and also British Army TAVR

kiwi
4 years service in the RNZN turned into 12 years. He was 2 years too young to enlist in the RNZN in 1981 (Minimum age is 17 and he claims to be born 30th April 1966).

9 years in the 21 SAS (which is a TA unit) with 5 years in 22 SAS (regular) became "also TAVR". More USMC say they are in the Navy than members of the TA say they are in the TAVR. A TA member also can not attach to a regular unit for 4 years.

The Lebanon Bar to the General Service Medal was for service between October 1982 and March 1984 (He was 18 in April 1984 and there were NO New Zealand Naval Forces in the Multinational Force In Lebanon)

Having "left service" in 1995 he was not eligible for the Golden Jubilee Medal (notice it missing from the picture here but added later for the lie here).

I do know of someone who did get a DCM and MM, "Andy McNab" and these two individuals are absolutely NOT the same person. If you do a google search for "DCM MM" you will find "Andy McNab" is the living recipient. There were a good few old boys came back from the trenches with that distinction though. None of them have a Legion Of Merit!

It is quite interesting to see how the lie has mutated over the years.

Also a note to KiwiUSSR. Kiwi (with a capital) is slang for New Zealander. kiwi (no capital) is a bird.
It is also of note that Kiwiussr attempted to created yet another forum account today (as if Rua wasn't enough).

I will split this thread over the weekend and post a nice set of awards myself. Hopefully inspire others, even if it is just to debate them.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #78
CtahhR
Forum Administrator

Just when I thought this had run its course - it gets better!

Here are what culinary awards he declares he has been awarded.

According to his own "company" website;

"Conde Nast Best World Luxury Resort Runner Up 2012
2 AA Rosettes 2005 and 2006 (UK)
Winner of Best Convention Centre of the Year in Australia 2002, 2003 and 2004
Western Australia Convention Centre of the Year Winner 2002, 2003, and 2004
New Zealand Best Provincial Restaurant of the Year Winner 1997 and 1998
New Zealand Beef and Lamb Hallmark Plate for Excellence Winner 1990, 1997, 1998
New Zealand Chef of the Year Runner Up 1996
New Zealand Culinary Fare Cookery Competitions’ 1996 2 x Bronze Medals
New Zealand Culinary Fare Cookery competitions’ 1996 Certificate of Merit
New Zealand Culinary Fare Cookery competitions’ 1990 Certificate of Merit
Auckland Restaurant of the Year Winner 1992
Auckland Restaurant of the Year Runner Up 1990"

But according to information he has put in to a social networking site;

"AA Rosette Award 2 Rosettes 2006
AA Rosette Award 2 Rosettes 2005
Best Convention Centre Australia of the Year 2004
Best Convention Centre Australia of the Year 2003
New Zealand Provincial Restaurant of the Year (Winner) 1998
New Zealand Chef of the Year (Runner up) 1998

City of Guilds of London 706/1
City of Guilds of London 706/2
New Zealand Advanced food safety, hygiene Certificate
New Zealand HACCAP and OSH certificate
Group Trainers Certificate
Certificate in advanced food and wine matching"

Even with this the years don't line up.

Also it is VERY difficult to be fighting in the Gulf War in the British SAS and being Auckland Restaurant Of The Year.

He put a personal summary up as

"A award winning chef with 30 years experience with the last 22 years at Executive chef level in many different countries including Seychelles, Zanzibar, UK, Malaysia, Beilize, New Zealand, Australia, and levels from cooking for the Royal Family, 5* hotels, Consultanting for a major international sporting events through to catering for some of the largest rock bands in the world gives (Edited) catering a unique in site to all aspects of hospitality
Specialties

hospitality consultancy, property set up, trouble shooting"

I don't know about anyone else but wasn't he supposed to be in the SAS for 4 of the last 22 years (but that information is at least 2 years out of date so make it 6 of the last 24 years!)? I think "trouble causing" should be the speciality not "trouble shooting". Cooking for the Royal Family ey? Would that be the same Royal Family that didn't award him the Victoria Cross? ("DCM was awarded in lebanon and it was down graded from a recommended higher award" - Higher than DCM in this situation is the VC)

The ultra prize winning catering company was incorporated 23rd November 2009 (with a capital of £2 ($3)) and was Bankrupt (and gazetted - the same gazette that does Mentions In Dispatches) 29th March 2011.

The dissolved company won Conde Nast Best World Luxury Resort Runner Up in 2012. I didn't know they did posthumous awards!

This is a great story - you CAN make it up!

All of this information is freely available on the internet and I have edited out some information for privacy reasons. I have not made any of it up or offered any information that is not available to EVERYONE. I have merely collected it.

My advice to everyone is, if you don't want to be called out or "shamed" for lies and misconduct, Don't lie and conduct yourself well publicly.