The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,
Echoes of War
Echoes of War

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > Post-Soviet States > Republic Of Uzbekistan > Uzbek Medals

Old 10-20-2008, 04:18 PM   #1
EricFG

"Achievement" Medal.

Got this today.
It's pretty nice. Nice and heavy, decent cold enamel (paint) and good detail.

Here are the award criteria in Russian and English:

Медаль "Жасорат" учреждена Верховным Советом Республики Узбекистан 5 мая 1994 г.

Медалью "Жасорат" награждаются:
1. Военнослужащие, сотрудники Службы нац.безопасности и органов внутренних дел за проявленные храбрость и отвагу при выполнении воинского или служебного долга.
2. Граждане Узбекистана или лица не являющиеся гражданами Республики - за подвиги в охране правопорядка, спасении жизни людей, государственного или общественного имущества во время стихийных бедствий (пожар, наводнение, и проч.) и других чрезвычайных ситуациях.

Медаль сделана в форме круга из серебра.

При вручении медали "Жасорат" полагается единовременное вознаграждение — 20 минимальных зарплат.

----------------------------------------------------

My Cyrillic skills are negligable, and here's a web translation:

Medal of "Zhasorat" is founded by the Supreme Soviet of the republic of Uzbekistan on May 5, 1994.
The medal of "Zhasorat" is awarded to:
1. Soldiers, the colleagues of the service of [nats].[bezopasnosti] and organs of internal affairs for those appeared bravery and courage with the performance of military or official duty.
2. Citizens of Uzbekistan or face the not being been citizens republics - for the exploits in the protection of law, the rescuing of the life of people, state or public property during the natural calamities (fire, flood, and other)
and other extraordinary situations.
Medal is made in the form circle from silver.*

With the presentation of the medal of "Zhasorat" is relied one-time reward - 20 minimum wages.**

* Mine is not. I'm guessing brass with gold plate, or a heavy metal with brass plating. The medal is heavy in the hand; not unlike a silver or a gold medallion.
** I take this to mean a monetary award.

Info found here:�����-��������.����������.������ "�������" (I don't think this is a commercial page. I can't see any prices but then again I don't read Cyrillic)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uzbek1b.jpg (107.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg uzbek1o.jpg (104.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg uzbek1r.jpg (109.8 KB, 7 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2008, 09:26 AM   #2
Kirchgoens

Re: Jasorat medal

"Minimum wages" in Uzbekistan refers to the minimum monthly wage as stated by the government. Currently that is something like 17USD. Back in '94 when these were given out to GPW veterans, the minimum wage was probably quite low.

Minimum wage mulitpliers are also used for legal/criminal fines in Uzbekistan. They are also used to determine the dividing line between serious and not-so-serious crime in monetary damages/theft terms. I don't remember exactly what it works out to, but I think 20 is also roughly the dividing line between going away for 1-3 years vs. 3 or more years. If a guy gets nabbed for the lower amount, he has a good chance of being amnestied around Independence Day. If he kicks into the higher threshhold, it's bad food and beatings for a while longer.
Kirchgoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:50 PM   #3
EricFG

Re: Jasorat medal

17 bucks per month?!?!? Jeez, that's rough.
I showed this to my guy in the back who sharpens things at our factory. He's from Tashkent. He was impressed. He translated the name on the 50th anni medal for me but all I caught was Ivanova (so evidently it was a woman winner). I showed him the CSM but all he said was "Ruassian" so perhaps the Uzbeki are none too fond over their Soviet former-overlords.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #4
CtahhR
Forum Administrator

Re: Medal "Achievement".

Here is the Medal "Achievement" (Medal "Jasorat") #110170 as this is Uzbek it uses Latin which has confused many people into believing that "Jasorat" is the English name for the award.

These used to flood the market but aren't around as much any more either people have given up trying to sell them or someone is hoarding them probably more the former than the latter.

Brass not aluminium suspension.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_4457.jpg (124.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 100_4460.jpg (120.7 KB, 5 views)
Old 02-05-2013, 04:21 PM   #5
CtahhR
Forum Administrator

Next off the production line (and purchased from a totally different continent) Medal "Achievement" #110171.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_7359.jpg (126.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 100_7361.jpg (120.1 KB, 5 views)
Old 06-25-2014, 09:09 AM   #6
Bill Garvy
Comrade Curmudgeon

Uzbek Jasorat Medal #020879. . .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 020879 obverse.jpg (127.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 020879 reverse.jpg (122.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 020879 reverse detail.jpg (118.6 KB, 3 views)
Bill Garvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:02 AM   #7
Bill Garvy
Comrade Curmudgeon

Documents group of Leonid Naumovich Kogan

Document for the Uzbek Medal for the 50th Anniversary of Victory, undated, facsimile signature of President Islom Karimov, Serial #145484.

Document for the Uzbek Medal “Jasorat” dated May 6th, 1994, facsimile signature of President Islom Karimov, Serial #096541.

Last edited by Bill Garvy; 07-15-2014 at 09:36 AM.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:07 AM   #8
Bill Garvy
Comrade Curmudgeon

Documents group of Mikhail Andreevich Khlopov

Document for the Uzbek Medal, “Jasorat”, and Medal dated May 6th, 1994, Serial #037639.

Document for the Medal and Medal (Uzbek/Russian) for the 50th Anniversary of Victory dated April 20th, 1995, Serial #127337.

Last edited by Bill Garvy; 07-06-2014 at 10:22 AM.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:22 AM   #9
CtahhR
Forum Administrator

"Jasorat" is not strictly "Bravery", it has been crudely termed as such as shorthand unfortunately. The Medals "Achievement" and "Honour" are military, civil service and civilian Medals which could be loosely called a continuation and merge of the Soviet Medals "For Courage"/"For Labour Valour" and "For Combat Merits"/"For Labour Distinction" (in that order too) although they cover more areas of service and deeds.

Uzbek is not the easiest language to translate given the forced Latinisation yet non-European root.

These Medals can be awarded for single acts or for "distinct" service. I suppose Patriotic War service could be see as a "distinct" service to the nation.

I wonder if these will ever be researchable or if in fact there are accompanying citations for individual acts of distinction. They are certainly common enough given the population of the nation. (Population c30,000,000 - number awarded 200,000+)
Old 06-25-2014, 10:58 AM   #10
Bill Garvy
Comrade Curmudgeon

Document for the Uzbek Medal “Jasorat” dated May 6th, 1994, Serial #085288, issued to Fedor Stepanovich Petrovichev.

Document for the Uzbek Medal “Jasorat” dated May 6th, 1994, Serial #021079, issued to Salik Tursunovich Navruzov.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fedor Stepanovich Petrovichev, Jasorat.jpg (123.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Salik Tursunovich Navruzov, Jasorat.jpg (122.7 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Bill Garvy; 07-16-2014 at 06:39 AM.