The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Echoes of War
Echoes of War
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > Soviet Sphere > People's Republic Of Bulgaria

People's Republic Of Bulgaria Народна Република България 15th September 1946 - 15th November 1990

Old 01-21-2011, 08:30 PM   #11
EricFG

Re: Sources for bulgarian ribbons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban_cool View Post
Sometimes my minds gets busy thinking in how hard would be making up a bulgarian medal bar. :)
See here: http://soviet-awards.com/forum/sovie...arian-bar.html That's a bar I made up from single medals I had.
Not sure why I did it (years ago) but it wasn't to deceive as I still own it. I guess I thought it would look cool. :cool:
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2011, 12:53 PM   #12
Esteban_cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricFG View Post
See here: http://soviet-awards.com/forum/sovie...arian-bar.html That's a bar I made up from single medals I had.
Not sure why I did it (years ago) but it wasn't to deceive as I still own it. I guess I thought it would look cool. :cool:
Very nice bar! :thumbsup

I´m still looking for a ribbon to complete the order, but haven´t found nothing yet. :(
And the parting on the left
Are now parting on the right
And the beards have all grown longer overnight

The Who, Won't get fooled again
Esteban_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:41 PM   #13
medals73

Not sure about Bulgarian mounting, the only evidence I have is this uniform, which came with medals attached so tightly that I'm not sure how they could be removed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bulgunif02a.jpg (50.7 KB, 6 views)
medals73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:43 PM   #14
Esteban_cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by medals73 View Post
Not sure about Bulgarian mounting, the only evidence I have is this uniform, which came with medals attached so tightly that I'm not sure how they could be removed.
I´m drooling all over the keyboard. That uniform sure looks very nice!

BTW since I still can´t find the ribbon for the OPL I, I´m planning to find another one that looks like it. I´ve been looking both official and unofficial awards of the RF to find a similar ribbon but still nothing. Does anybody know if there´s something else out there or one I´ve missed?

Old 03-29-2011, 07:30 AM   #15
RedMaestro2

order of precedence?

Does anyone know where I can find the order of precedence for Bulgarian awards? Thanks in advance!

Alex
RedMaestro2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:30 AM   #16
CtahhR
Forum Administrator

Re: order of precedence?

Good luck! I've not found one yet. Many ribbons bars conflict with others so the people with the awards were very frequently confused themselves but at the high end you have.
Orders:
Georgi Dimitrov
9 IX 1944 (1st 2nd 3rd)
People's Liberty 1941-1944 (1st 2nd)
Red Banner
Red Banner Of Labour

When it comes to Medals it's rather more confusing, but the commemorative medals were basically ranked from earliest established to latest established. I've been looking for an official reference for a few years with no luck but there will be a set of rules and regulations out there I'm sure. I may be able to supply more information on precedence of Bulgarian awards but I will have to dig around my cupboard a bit!
CtahhR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:27 PM   #17
Esteban_cool

Orders and Medals of the People's Rpublic of Bulgaria

Hope this helps.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:03 PM   #18
CtahhR
Forum Administrator

The .pl site is a pretty good start off point but it is missing some ribbon information and it shows the order "People's Republic Of Bulgaria" above the Orders "People's Liberty" and "9 IX 1944" which I believe is incorrect. ru.wikipedia states that "Red Banner" is a higher order than "People's Liberty" and "9 IX 1944" which is also incorrect. The situation is also confused by Imperial orders being used and modified by the early Fatherland Front and People's Republic. The Imperial order "Saint Aleksandr" was second only to the order "Saints Kiril and Methodij" but when modified to the "communist" order "Aleksandr Nevski" may well have been a lesser order than either "People's Liberty" or "9 IX 1944". As the communist order "For Bravery" (Which is not the imperial order of the same name) was only awarded 50 times and only in it's 3rd class it is also difficult to gauge it's precedence from actual ribbon bars. When created the National Order Of Labour was Bulgaria's lowest "imperial" order but lower Orders were created after the People's Republic was declared such as "Kiril And Methodij" (Which has no relation with the imperial order of similar name). Over the passed 4 or so years I have asked various dealers of Bulgarian awards about precedence and the situation is at best "cloudy" as now the post-communist Bulgaria has reinstated some Imperial orders and also allows the wear of all awards, Imperial, Communist or Modern. If you're not confused by the Bulgarian order of precedence you're doing a lot better than me! Here is a final thought though. When the People's Republic was declared in Sofia in September 1948 and "Liberators" of Bulgaria were still alive (All be it in their late 80's or older) and "Imperial" affectations were outlawed yet Botev and Levski being made into cults, would a veteran still be allowed to wear his Medal "For The Liberation Of Bulgaria"?? The history of Bulgaria is FAR from black and white.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:21 PM   #19
Lapa

Guys,

How about looking into a regulations book? It is all there.

Marc
Lapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:42 PM   #20
CtahhR
Forum Administrator

I'd love to find one! Specially one from around 1949. Post 1991 regulation books will show a different order of precedence than pre-1991 when there was a reform of their award system and a post-2003 order of precedence will be different once again as the imperial award system was resurrected and 1991-2003 awards discontinued. If anyone has good pictures of Bulgarian Victory parades I'm sure it will shed some light on the situation. Bulgarian alike the Russian Federation also has "public committees" awarding medals now such as the Medal "60th Anniversary Of Victory In The Second World War". I would not like to be the Bulgarian Sgt. Major overseeing the Bulgarian version of Chelsea pensioners as they dress for parade... Oh! the ribbons!