The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Echoes of War
Echoes of War
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > General And Slightly Off Topic Talk > General Talk Archive

Old 07-01-2011, 04:17 PM   #1
matteti

Bronza Market

Not sure if I am allowed to discuss this on the forum as this is a commercial website. Please remove my post if in violation of the rules.

Today, I found that website in Russia that is specializing in selling Bronze statues, busts, and sculptures. From what I understand, they make new copies of previous sculpture and cast them into Bronze. They also have a few original models. The quality is not so great (one could see that items are copies and not the original statues made by MZKhL for example). But their prices are reasonable and they even offer do wholesale.

Here is the link to the website:
Бронза-маркет - статуэтки из бронзы, фигурки, изделия, скульптуры. Бронзовая статуэтка для интерьера

And here is how you can browse it in English through Google Translate:
Google Translate

Anybody already bought something from them? What was your impression of the item when holding it in your hands and seeing it in real? I would appreciate your comments because I am considering buying 1 or 2 items and I would like to ensure the items are not disappointing with their quality,

Thanks in advance

Last edited by CtahhR; 09-20-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2011, 04:51 PM   #2
CtahhR
Forum Administrator

Re: Bronza Market

Just think 20 years ago you couldn't give away one of those Bronzes. Who would have seen this demand only two decades down the line?
Old 07-01-2011, 08:14 PM   #3
matteti

Indeed, it is sad to see how things are now. The issue now is not that we can't afford what we would like to buy, but that we can't even find on the market the items we would like to buy. So we have to direct our collecting money at something and those bronze objects are an example of such things.

I am glad I started collecting back in 2001, but I wish I had started even much earlier. By now, I would have accumulated virtually all the items I could possibly want for my collection... or would I? I think we can't really stop in this field. It's just too addictive!
Old 07-01-2011, 08:19 PM   #4
CtahhR
Forum Administrator

When Jonathan Meades filmed "Joebuilding" in 2006 there were still a great number of monument "Graveyards". Maybe logistics and communication is causing a problem. Many monuments are now hidden away in "disused" buildings and discarded, although they are mainly stone/concrete.... The metal ones must have been melted down to a larger extent.

Now if only we could find the monument graveyard that the level on the game "Goldeneye" was based.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:23 AM   #5
Lapa

Easy, it is in a Moscow park near the river

Marc
Old 07-05-2011, 02:38 AM   #6
MadZombieLenin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtahhR View Post
When Jonathan Meades filmed "Joebuilding" in 2006 there were still a great number of monument "Graveyards". Maybe logistics and communication is causing a problem. Many monuments are now hidden away in "disused" buildings and discarded, although they are mainly stone/concrete.... The metal ones must have been melted down to a larger extent.

Now if only we could find the monument graveyard that the level on the game "Goldeneye" was based.

Yes! Ever since I played that level I wanted to go there!!!

It's a shame to see old monuments get torn down or damaged. I know it's a hot political issue in many countries, but those statues do have historical value.