The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Echoes of War
Echoes of War
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > Soviet Sphere > Polish People's Republic > Polish Award Groups

Old 11-02-2010, 09:13 AM   #1
Al-muell

Soviet/Polish Group Split.

Another moron put an award group for sale on on-line auctions selling it one item- one auction. I wouldn't care, but this group is exceptional - Although the highest awards are not present, there are a few still interesting, among them:
Stalingrad medal, CSM medal, GPW1 1985 medal, Wound badge for 9 wounds(!), Polish medal to the former Soviet Army Soldiers (he had all the classes, but only 2 are present), Ribbon bar including: Polonia... Officers Cross, Virtuti Militari Officer's Cross and Two Meritorious on the field of Glory 2nd class - 21 awards total (plus some not included in the bar). I would do anything to save that group, but i can only assume that it will go for total of around 4000PLN - around 1000euro. And it will definitely not end up in one person's collection. Alas, right now I can spend only around 300-400PLN and I am
ready to spend it, but if anyone can help and find enough money to but the whole lot it would be great. But since I am aware hardly anyone can get that amount of money at once, maybe we can start a money raise? And the group could go to the one who offered the most?

Anyway, the time is short and if you are interested, I can provide any help with contacting the seller and covering shipment costs.
This is no Fraud, I just can't watch that crime being committed:mad:

I can send an address to the auction in a PM. For now - the ribbon bar (not all awards present and not all are in the bar):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg baretka.jpg (90.7 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by CtahhR; 02-15-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Al-muell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2010, 08:56 PM   #2
EricFG

Re: Urgent Appeal!! - Sovit/Polish group to be split!!!!

Sadly there's nothing I can do to help, monetarily.
But what about some sort of appeal to the auctioneer? Let him know He might make more money selling the group as a group. You could start a petition. Maybe a enough signatures might sway him/her.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:25 AM   #3
deValcourt

If you are talking about a private auction wherein the set was turned over to someone else to sell, then the matter may be out o anyone's hands. If it's on consignment, then the auction house is not interested in history so much as making its customer as much money as possible and one of a couple of things are at play here.

1. The seller is in a hurry for money and realizes it is easier to sell a collection in parts rather than the whole which could take considerably longer if the original owner is not very (in)famous.

2. Neither owner nor auction house knows or cares about the value of a complete set of awards to a single recipient.

In either case, it is a sad state of affairs for what appears to be a beautiful lot judging from the ribbon bar.:(

Phillip
Old 11-05-2010, 03:58 AM   #4
Al-muell

It's on an on-line auction on our local polkish service. No appeal to the seller has ever worked, especially that ussually some morons place bids on some items from the very begginning of the auctions. As for now - I think that I am going to take a credit and try to do my best to save it.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:04 AM   #5
Lapa

Guys,

Unfortunately, this is nothing new under the sun... I see groups being separated on a weekly basis. Many years explaining face to face the added value of keeping a group together have so far yielded a result alarmingly close to nothing :mad:

Marc
Lapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:06 AM   #6
charlet

there're really nice and rare stuff... but I aint' got any money for this month...

I'm upset by the mention" Lenino" on the medal for bravery on filed of glory doc... but all this is really interesting.
charlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:58 AM   #7
Al-muell

I was far too optimistic about this stuff. I did what I could, but it didn't help. Won some docs and the ribbon bar, but almost everthing else was sold to other users. Heck, Soviet Armed forces jubilee medal docs went for truely an insane price. 1083-dated Stalingrad doc went for over 300pln which is more than I have ever seen. It seems noone was realy interested in buying the whole group.:mad: I hope to get as much as I can second hand, but already I have to pay so much, that I don't know how will I be able to survive this month... I am not going to starve, just my girlfriend will kill me when she learns:).
Old 11-10-2010, 11:18 AM   #8
jm01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al-muell View Post
Another moron put an award group for sale on on-line auctions selling it one item- one auction. I wouldn't care, but this group is exceptional - Altough the highest awards are not present, there are a few still interesting, among them:
Stalingrad medal, CSM medal, GPW1 1985 medal, Wound badge for 9 wounds(!), Polish medal to the former Soviet Army Soldiers (he had all the classes, but only 2 are present), Ribon bar inclouding: Polonia... Officers Cross, Virtuti Militari Officer's Cross and Two Meritous on the field of Glory 2nd class - 21 awards total (plus some not inclouded in the bar). I would do anything to save that group, but i can only assume that it will go for total of around 4000PLN - around 1000euro. And it will definately not end up in one person's collection. Alas, right now I can spend only around 300-400PLN and I am
ready to spend it, but if anyone can help and find enough money to but the whole lot it would be great. But since I am aware hardly anyone can get that amount of money at once, maybe we can start a money raise? And the group could go to the one who offered the most?

Anyway, the time is short and if you are interested, I can provide any help with contacting the seller and covering shipment costs.
This is no Fraud, I just can't watch that crime being commited:mad:
I may be interested, depending on the VM..I'm looking for a 5'th class issued by the London Government in Exile, made by Spink Jewellers, around 1944-46. I would keep the group intact, then donate it to a Polish museum through the Polish Consulate in Toronto.

Let me know.
jm01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:39 PM   #9
Al-muell

Virtuti was not even offered for sale:mad:... But anyway, I doubt he received the award from the Polish government in London - he started his ww2 career in the Red Army, and later served in the armed forces in the East.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:39 AM   #10
jm01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al-muell View Post
Virtuti was not even offered for sale:mad:... But anyway, I doubt he received the award from the Polish government in London - he started his ww2 career in the Red Army, and later served in the armed forces in the East.
That's a shame...I'm building a duplicate of my father's awards for my nephew and am only missing the VM...there's a few available, but not the London issue.

The journey contnues, but if anyone knows where I can find one...

it looks like this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg group.jpg (25.6 KB, 27 views)
jm01 is offline   Reply With Quote