The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Echoes of War
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,
Echoes of War

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > Post-Soviet States > Russian Federation

Russian Federation Российская Федерация 25th December 1991 -

Old 09-04-2013, 10:40 PM   #11
HoydenR

Re: Kremlin Military Tattoo at Spasskaya Tower

I have spent more time than I care to admit going through pictures of uniforms to find a historically accurate source. Thankfully my husband, being a fellow collector, understands the research obsession.

The best that I can come up with is that these are costumes that are based on Prussian Army uniforms from 1800 - 1818.

I can not find a single uniform plate on which there are all the elements of this uniform

WIGS:
Officers wore powered wigs from about the mid 1700s through about 1810 to 1812. Powdered wigs fell out of fashion during the Napoleonic Wars.

MITRED HAT: Grenadier/ Fusilier
These also fell out of fashion during the Napoleonic Wars, but some Prussian Grenadier units still wore them. Here is the Grenadier hat from 1763 to 1775. http://http://www.memorandum.ru/visk...ic=pic0499.jpg The Fusilier Dniester Inspectorate Kherson Grenadier Regiment, 1802-1804. Историческое описание одежды и вооружения российских войск. [Висковатов].

JACKET: The Bardin Uniform
The Bardin uniform was introduced in 1812 by Napoleon with the white plastron on the front and the turnbacks (cuffs). The Bardin Uniform Regulation - 1812 - 1815: Uniforms : Napoleonic Wars : French : Russian : Austrian : British : Prussian and G05 I have found images of the Grenadiers of the Life Grenadier Regiment wearing a similar jacket without the plastron in 1802 - 1805. http://www.memorandum.ru/viskowatov/T10/pic/index.php?pic=pic1289.jpg

BREECHES/GAITORS:
The typical tight stretch pantalon type breeches worn by cavalry and infantry alike. The Gaitors are the shorter below the knee sort dictated by the Bardin Regulation. White for Summer Uniforms. Gaitors were worn by Infantry vs. boots for cavalry.

So at this juncture, I am going to just call this a pretty ceremonial costume. Although I'd love to see a ceremonial uniform used in it's place.

Below is a uniform for an Officer of Life Guard Preobrazhensk Regiment, 1817
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uniform28.jpg (20.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg pic42.jpg (49.4 KB, 3 views)
HoydenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links