The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Echoes of War
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,
Echoes of War

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > Post-Communist Nations > Republic Of Poland > Polish Orders

Old 02-09-2008, 11:06 PM   #1
d-riemer

Polish Order for Veterans

This is supposed to be an order set for surviving war veterans that was issued in Poland in about 2000 in a quantity of about 50 pieces. It consists of one order for neck, the other one for chest wear The quality is not up to the standards of the old Polish mint. It might have been awarded by a veteran's organization.

I assume it was issued in commemoration of the defeat of the Soviet army on 15-16 August 1920 near Warsaw by Pilsudsky and given to the few fighters who had participated in that conflict and were still alive in 2000.

Does anybody have any information about this order set? I hope this inquiry is acceptable in spite of the possible violation of the time limit defined for this forum.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PolandVeteran1.jpg (74.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg PolandVeteran2.jpg (45.5 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by d-riemer; 02-09-2008 at 11:14 PM.
d-riemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2008, 07:25 AM   #2
Riley1965

Smile

I've searched my referrence books and online Polish databases and can not find your Order. I've checked the ribbon charts for Poland, including Veteran organizations, and it does not appear on any of them. I'll ask Doc Wes or maybe Lukasz will know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-riemer View Post
This is supposed to be an order set for surviving war veterans that was issued in Poland in about 2000 in a quantity of about 50 pieces. It consists of one order for neck, the other one for chest wear The quality is not up to the standards of the old Polish mint. It might have been awarded by a veteran's organization.

I assume it was issued in commemoration of the defeat of the Soviet army on 15-16 August 1920 near Warsaw by Pilsudsky and given to the few fighters who had participated in that conflict and were still alive in 2000.

Does anybody have any information about this order set? I hope this inquiry is acceptable in spite of the possible violation of the time limit defined for this forum.
I have another concern about these pieces. The badge on the sash is a red enamel, six-sided cross. The Breast star is a Blue enamel, four-sided cross. The only similarity is the center wreath and figure. The cross on the Breast star should be the same as the cross on the sash. I still can't find this on any database, book and ribbon charts including Veteran's organizations.
I'll keep trying!!!

Doc

Last edited by CtahhR; 03-31-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Riley1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 04:47 PM   #3
Al-muell

I am no expert, but I have not heard of this award (and when an award with Piłsudski is instituted it is impossible not to know about it in Poland), but noone makes fantasy pieces in PL, so probably it's something unofficial - there are hundreds of veteran organisations, most of them rival toward each other, so possibly it's their work.
I'll try to look on the net and ask in the local medal museum, they should know.
Al-muell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 03:53 PM   #4
jm01

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-riemer View Post

Did you check with Rafał or Barbara Mamińska, his Dyrektor? Rafał has always replied with good information and can be reached at:

rkepka@prezydent.pl
jm01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 02:22 PM   #5
d-riemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm01 View Post
Did you check with Rafał or Barbara Mamińska, his Dyrektor? Rafał has always replied with good information and can be reached at:
rkepka@prezydent.pl
Thanks for the information. I have sent an email on 11 February to the address you provided but have not received an answer yet.

It is interesting that when I check for "Poland veteran order" on google, this thread shows up in the first position. So, the question is listed for the world to see. But where is the person that has the answer?