The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Echoes of War
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,
Echoes of War

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > General And Slightly Off Topic Talk

General And Slightly Off Topic Talk Forum for exchanging ideas and talking about general issues without straying too far off topic.

Old 02-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #211
ehrentitle

We are just 30 days from the Fort Lee, VA Show and we have had a great response from folks who said they are attending.

Ralph and I will be there and will have tables next to each other as a rallying point for those who want to buy a copy of Ralph's new Stasi book or have an informal chat on all things DDR or Soviet collecting related.

For those who want to purchase tables to sell or trade militaria please send me a PM with the number of tables you would like to reserve. It saves you money and helps us ensure that we have enough tables for everyone who wants one.

A quick reminder that we are just three weeks out from the Fort Lee Military Show on Saturday 10 March, at the Regimental Club on Fort Lee, Virginia.

Ralph and I will be there. I will have a "Stammtisch table" reserved for DDR and Soviet collectors as a rally point between Ralph and my tables for anyone who wants to come and chat with us. I'll put out my "Kollektive Deutsche-Sowjetische Freundschaft" wimple to make it official!

Ralph has said he will bring copies of his new book, STASI Decorations and Memorabilia Volume II to sell and sign.

In addition to collectors and dealers who have reserved tables there are a couple of great displays planned. One by collector who plans on showing some of his world class Military Chaplain collection. And we will have a group of scale modelers who will have planned a large display of military models, with an emphasis on Armor, Vehicles and Historic figures.

We hope to see you there. If you would like to reserve a table there is still time to do so, just PM me.

It's hard to believe that the Fort Lee Military Collector's Show is less than 2 weeks away. We have had an overwhelming response by collectors in Virginia, Maryland and North Carolina. Hope to see you there!

An update on the Ft Lee show which is just a week away! It is 9-3 Sat 10 March at the Regimental Club. Table holders can set up as early at 8 AM. The show is FREE and open to the public.

We have sold out all of the tables in the Regimental Club's main ballroom. The Club is going to open a partition to an adjoining banquet room to give us space for about 25 more tables. That's good news for those of you who have not pre-reserved an 8' table and still want one, Just send me a PM for a reservation. I'm still taking advanced reservations for tables for $10, if you wait until the day of the show they will be $15...if any are left.

Several folks have asked about availability of food on site. There is no food service in the club as they are renovating the kitchen. That how were able to reserve so much space in the club. MWR rules prohibit us from selling food or drink on site. There are vending machines in the club and the the PX and the Shopette/Gas Station are only a couple of minutes away and anyone can eat in the food courts of these two establishments. You can also bring your own personal food and drink into the Club.

We have had a group of military vehicle collectors contact us as ask to display a few vintage military vehicles in front of the club. There is also military modelers group, chaplain and WWII airborne displays.

We have three book authors who are coming to the show will be signing and selling their books:

Al Barns "In a Strange Land: The American Occupation of Germany 1918-1923"

Rich Kilblaine "The Filthy Thirteen: From the Dustbowl to Hitler's Eagle's Nest :The True Story of the101st Airborne's Most Legendary Squad of Combat Paratroopers"

Ralph Pickard's two volume set "STASI Decorations and Memorabilia, Volumes 1 & 2" on the East German Secret Police.

Hope to see you there!

I've spent this weekend gathering stuff to take to the Fort Lee Military Show next Saturday. These photos show just over half of what I've packed up so far. It's an eclectic mix of US, East German, Soviet and foreign stuff. It's amazing how much stuff one accumulates over the years.

While digging I ran across a pile of red Soviet staff duty arm bands, a box of shoulder boards, collar devices and arm patches, a map case and a couple of cold weather caps that I'd long forgotten about. I'm still looking for my box of Soviet Army books and magazines I brought back from Berlin.

I'm looking forward to trading or selling it on Saturday. Hope to see you there!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7207/6...8a054955_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7188/6...130513ea_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7208/6...433850a6_b.jpg

Last edited by CtahhR; 03-10-2013 at 05:04 PM.
ehrentitle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #212
ehrentitle

We are just 30 days from the Fort Lee, VA Show and we have had a great response from folks who said they are attending.

Ralph and I will be there and will have tables next to each other as a rallying point for those who want to buy a copy of Ralph's new Stasi book or have an informal chat on all things DDR or Soviet collecting related.

For those who want to purchase tables to sell or trade militaria please send me a PM with the number of tables you would like to reserve. It saves you money and helps us ensure that we have enough tables for everyone who wants one.

A quick reminder that we are just three weeks out from the Fort Lee Military Show on Saturday 10 March, at the Regimental Club on Fort Lee, Virginia.

Ralph and I will be there. I will have a "Stammtisch table" reserved for DDR and Soviet collectors as a rally point between Ralph and my tables for anyone who wants to come and chat with us. I'll put out my "Kollektive Deutsche-Sowjetische Freundschaft" wimple to make it official!

Ralph has said he will bring copies of his new book, STASI Decorations and Memorabilia Volume II to sell and sign.

In addition to collectors and dealers who have reserved tables there are a couple of great displays planned. One by collector who plans on showing some of his world class Military Chaplain collection. And we will have a group of scale modelers who will have planned a large display of military models, with an emphasis on Armor, Vehicles and Historic figures.

We hope to see you there. If you would like to reserve a table there is still time to do so, just PM me.

It's hard to believe that the Fort Lee Military Collector's Show is less than 2 weeks away. We have had an overwhelming response by collectors in Virginia, Maryland and North Carolina. Hope to see you there!

An update on the Ft Lee show which is just a week away! It is 9-3 Sat 10 March at the Regimental Club. Table holders can set up as early at 8 AM. The show is FREE and open to the public.

We have sold out all of the tables in the Regimental Club's main ballroom. The Club is going to open a partition to an adjoining banquet room to give us space for about 25 more tables. That's good news for those of you who have not pre-reserved an 8' table and still want one, Just send me a PM for a reservation. I'm still taking advanced reservations for tables for $10, if you wait until the day of the show they will be $15...if any are left.

Several folks have asked about availability of food on site. There is no food service in the club as they are renovating the kitchen. That how were able to reserve so much space in the club. MWR rules prohibit us from selling food or drink on site. There are vending machines in the club and the the PX and the Shopette/Gas Station are only a couple of minutes away and anyone can eat in the food courts of these two establishments. You can also bring your own personal food and drink into the Club.

We have had a group of military vehicle collectors contact us as ask to display a few vintage military vehicles in front of the club. There is also military modelers group, chaplain and WWII airborne displays.

We have three book authors who are coming to the show will be signing and selling their books:

Al Barns "In a Strange Land: The American Occupation of Germany 1918-1923"

Rich Kilblaine "The Filthy Thirteen: From the Dustbowl to Hitler's Eagle's Nest :The True Story of the101st Airborne's Most Legendary Squad of Combat Paratroopers"

Ralph Pickard's two volume set "STASI Decorations and Memorabilia, Volumes 1 & 2" on the East German Secret Police.

Hope to see you there!

I've spent this weekend gathering stuff to take to the Fort Lee Military Show next Saturday. These photos show just over half of what I've packed up so far. It's an eclectic mix of US, East German, Soviet and foreign stuff. It's amazing how much stuff one accumulates over the years.

While digging I ran across a pile of red Soviet staff duty arm bands, a box of shoulder boards, collar devices and arm patches, a map case and a couple of cold weather caps that I'd long forgotten about. I'm still looking for my box of Soviet Army books and magazines I brought back from Berlin.

I'm looking forward to trading or selling it on Saturday. Hope to see you there!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7207/6...8a054955_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7188/6...130513ea_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7208/6...433850a6_b.jpg
Old 03-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #213
EricFG

Re: Fort Lee, VA Military Collectors Show 10 March 2012

I hope to see many, many pictures of the show. For those of us who can't be there it'll be like we were.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #214
ehrentitle

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricFG View Post
I hope to see many, many pictures of the show. For those of us who can't be there it'll be like we were.
I'll do my best to take photos. We actually sold out all of our original set of tables and have had to expand into a second room.

Just back from the Fort Lee show and it was even better than we had expected! I got to meet fellow forum members Ralph Pickard and Dat Nguyen and had a great time talking to with them. I'll try to post some photos in the next day or so once I dig out my camera.

A few photos from the show yesterday. The first one shows Ralph's table in the background with the DDR flag. Off to the right is a small group of DDR/Soviet collectors talking including forum members Ralph Pickard and Dat Nguyen.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7067/6...0c731ebb_b.jpg

Here are a few other photos from the show:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7037/6...7dfc4b36_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7055/6...2f64be4a_b.jpg

Rich and his small WWII Airborne display:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7185/6...b126c36d_b.jpg

Military Modellers in action:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7043/6...9f21572e_b.jpg

Our Military Vehicle Collector's contingent:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7192/6...f18045cd_b.jpg

Last edited by CtahhR; 03-10-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #215
ehrentitle

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricFG View Post
I'll do my best to take photos. We actually sold out all of our original set of tables and have had to expand into a second room.

Just back from the Fort Lee show and it was even better than we had expected! I got to meet fellow forum members Ralph Pickard and Dat Nguyen and had a great time talking to with them. I'll try to post some photos in the next day or so once I dig out my camera.

A few photos from the show yesterday. The first one shows Ralph's table in the background with the DDR flag. Off to the right is a small group of DDR/Soviet collectors talking including forum members Ralph Pickard and Dat Nguyen.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7067/6...0c731ebb_b.jpg

Here are a few other photos from the show:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7037/6...7dfc4b36_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7055/6...2f64be4a_b.jpg

Rich and his small WWII Airborne display:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7185/6...b126c36d_b.jpg

Military Modellers in action:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7043/6...9f21572e_b.jpg

Our Military Vehicle Collector's contingent:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7192/6...f18045cd_b.jpg
Old 03-11-2012, 07:27 AM   #216
desantnik
Forum Moderator

Too bad I couldn't be there - looks fun. Is Ralph in the green shirt and the baseball cap? I've seen the green polo before...
desantnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #217
ehrentitle

Quote:
Originally Posted by desantnik View Post
Too bad I couldn't be there - looks fun. Is Ralph in the green shirt and the baseball cap? I've seen the green polo before...
Yes, that's Ralph. Although Ralph had the table right next to me, I was so busy as one of the organizers of the show that I didn't have much time to talk to him. Fortunately he came over to my house the night before and we talked about all things collecting related.

I was pleasantly surprised that there was a fair amount of Soviet insignia at the show. Mostly low end stuff, but still a great opportunity to the beginning or intermediate collector.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:56 AM   #218
Alfred

Ciney Belgium

Hello,

tomorrow (Sunday 28.10.12) I am on the military show in Ciney/Belgium.
Maybe someone from the forum here is also there.

This time I will take pictures from the show and will post them here.
There will be a few dealer with soviet awards.

Have a nice weekend.

best regards
Andreas
Alfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:11 AM   #219
charlet

Re: Ciney Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
Hello,

tomorrow (Sunday 28.10.12) I am on the military show in Ciney/Belgium.
Maybe someone from the forum here is also there.

This time I will take pictures from the show and will post them here.
There will be a few dealer with soviet awards.

Have a nice weekend.

best regards
Andreas
I think I'll be there with friends. Do you want a rendezvous point? A sign to be recognized?
charlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:18 AM   #220
EricFG

Re: Ciney Belgium

I'd love to see some pictures!