The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,
Echoes of War
Echoes of War

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > General And Slightly Off Topic Talk

General And Slightly Off Topic Talk Forum for exchanging ideas and talking about general issues without straying too far off topic.

Old 05-22-2002, 03:15 PM   #61
Tal Inbar

ORDER OF LABOR GLORY 3rd CLASS, TYPE 1 2-rivet construction - for $40.00??????????? on ebay...

Talking about raising prices...
Tal Inbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2002, 03:32 PM   #62
Dave

Quote:
Originally posted by Tal Inbar
ORDER OF LABOR GLORY 3rd CLASS, TYPE 1 2-rivet construction - for $40.00??????????? on ebay...

Talking about raising prices...
I see that this is where Ed Maier says that it would be hard to agree on prices... I've been paying $35-$40 for Type 1 Labor Glory 3rds since about 1997. (Though I haven't bought any for a couple years now). I always considered $40 a 'decent' deal, and have even sold them at $50, back in 1999 and 2000. I'd personally consider '$40' to indicate a very stable market for those.

Quote:
Originally posted by scook17
I've noticed recently, over the past few months or so, that there doesn't seem to be as many of the higher awards available on Ebay now, as there once were... ...For instance, when was the last HSU medal sold on Ebay? Come to think of it, I never seen a Glory trio sold on Ebay for instance.
Shane-

You are right- the quality of stuff on eBay isn't the greatest, for a 'norm'. Occasionally, a decent piece passes though there, or is sold on there. Personally, I have sold a Hero Star, as well as a complete Hero/Nevsky/double Lenin/triple RB group on there, and actually got decent money from very happy buyers. I almost listed my two consecutive serial numbered Glory 1st Class groups on there, but my wife advised me against it (I might list them up there anyway, as I could use the money!) So, occasionally you see some nice stuff, but I think that the guys that would mostly sell nice stuff on there have gotten burnt out by having nice groups listed at prices way less than they are actually worth, and having either the groups not sell, or get bombarded by collectors offering half of that price when the group doesn't sell!

--Dave
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 04:49 AM   #63
Tal Inbar

AND NOW.............2 orders of the red banner of labour with ordenskaya knizhka (1 for each order) for just........$99.00 (or 115 as "buy it now").
Attached Images
File Type: jpg i-1.jpg (24.6 KB, 176 views)
Old 05-27-2002, 08:10 AM   #64
Rick

Prices on Ebay

I had to laugh a little at the conversation at hand. As much as you sellers hate to sell the good stuff on Ebay because of the low prices, I as a buyer, look at it in a whole different way. I have bought many items and groups off of Ebay and love getting a great deal.

However, the more I think, the more I get worried.... maybe what I think is a great deal, is just what the market is and what the sellers think is a low price is just what the market is. ????

Rick
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 09:45 AM   #65
Art
Forum Founder

I'm guessing that the pretty display box is there to function as some sort of eye candy, but if it was an original box ( I've never seen one like it ) and the orders were presented with consecutive numbers, i.e. 500,000 & 500,001 I'd be happy to buy them at that price.

Order of the Red Banner of Labor is one of my favorites. Nice design, and the collectibility is high due to many types and variations, all ranging from high rarity ( 1928 version ) to low.

I guess it all depends on how much you want something. I don't mind overpaying within reason if I want something for my personal collection. I feel better if I don't but sometimes it's better to give in and spend!

Art
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 07:06 PM   #66
Nota Bene

Rick,

We do not sell expensive items on eBay because there are no bidders. Several months ago I have tried on eBay a documented group with Orders of the Service to the Homeland in the Armed Forces 2nd and 3rd classes and a Red Star to the same for $900, and a Hero Star for $1,500. I don't think either price was outrageous, and there were no bidders. It was not that bad even a couple of years ago. Unless price go up in this country we will simply not be able to import expensive items.

Alexei
Nota Bene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 03:47 AM   #67
Tal Inbar

This is MAD!

"Russian Defense of Polar Region Medal. Regularly $59.95. Our last one. "

tha start price is: $39.00

I think the best comment is this poster (Translated: "NO FOOL"):

I see that this is a method:

"Russian Capture of Berlin WWII Medal. These campaign medals are now available on a special-order basis. Regularly $29. Our last one. "

"Russian Capture of Budapest Medal. These campaign medals are now available on a special-order basis. Please allow two to four weeks for delivery. Regularly $45. Our last one. "

I want to send this seller to a gulag
(first I thought to shoot him, but I guess I becoming soft now )!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 204333h.jpg (22.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg posternebaluipic00065.jpg (47.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-12-2002, 02:25 PM   #68
tinmoldova
Banned

This site has developed from the Sovietski catalog--always a hugely overpriced place for medals. Examining their feedback, it looks like they have more sales in clocks and crowbars than anything else. Also, they don't seem to include their postings in the Soviet category.
tinmoldova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 12:30 PM   #69
Tal Inbar

"SUPER SOVIET RUSSIAN MEDAL - DEFENCE OF MOSCOW IN GOOD CONDITION. "

The price is $69.55, and it is hard to beleive - but there is a bidder!!!!!!!!! AMAZING

It's now $78.24...

and the bidders ignored my emails......
Old 06-19-2002, 01:13 PM   #70
Nota Bene

Tal,

Stranger things happen. I have just sold on eBay a documented Medal for Victory over Japan for $100, which I started at $14.99. Both bidders who fought for it apparently were beginning collectors. I have sent the winner a bunch of free stuff. What else could I do!

Alexei
Nota Bene is offline   Reply With Quote