The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Echoes of War
Echoes of War
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > General And Slightly Off Topic Talk > General Talk Archive

Old 04-01-2013, 04:09 PM   #1
Rua
Banned

Forum

I have been only a member of this forum for a short time and have found the whole experience here very different. I have been collecting medals for over 20 years and have been a member of the OMRS for the same period of time. I am also a member of several other web based forum and collectors sites for various countries awards to which I have always found its members to be helpful and polite.

I have gone through past posts here and have found that there is some great information here from good and honest members who's true interest in collecting and exchanging information; on the other had there are several members such as Ctahhr, Lapa, desantnik to name the ones who stick out who seem to have a dictatorship and personal views to which they always seem to be right and everyone else view is not relevant. they have on several occasions attack certain members personally in a public forum to which I feel is very childish and incorrect. if some one has a concern or difference of option this should not been viewed in the form of an attack on any member to which has happened to several members.

This site and forum in the past seems to have had many great members who contributed massively to the knowledge of collecting soviet awards, but sadly I have noticed many of them no longer seem to be active here which is a great shame and loss to those of us wanting to form networks of like minded collectors

I have been away with work and I won a auction from a member to whom I mentioned I was going to be away, but never had an opportunity to read his emails until yesterday and I am meet with a message of getting me banned for 3 months, really!!!

I have joined several other soviet collectors forums and to be honest they are leaps ahead of what this forum can currently offer with better quality members who goal is to assist members both now and old to develop their knowledge of collecting.

in summary I find that this forum has been in the past something great with input from a good cross section of collectors of various levels and knowledge, but now seems to be dominated by a small group of self centred individuals who's general goal is to self promote and for self gratification not to build a network of people with a common interest why I am not sure

RUA
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #2
RedMaestro2

Re: Forum

RUA,

Sorry that's been your experience. I agree with some of your observations. But having been on the forum for a few years and having watched many of these discussions play out, I'll have to disagree with other evaluations.

Interestingly enough, you'll find some of our members on other forums, where, for whatever reason, they play much better together than in this sandbox.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #3
Art
Forum Founder

You should have been aware of the clearly posted policies for the marketplace before you participated. Had you bothered to read the rules, you would see that late payment is not tolerated. You had been attempted several times to be contacted, but that is not the point..you participated and you didn't conclude your business. You broke the rules. Your fault, no one elses.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #4
RedMaestro2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
You should have been aware of the clearly posted policies for the marketplace before you participated. Had you bothered to read the rules, you would see that late payment is not tolerated. You had been attempted several times to be contacted, but that is not the point..you participated and you didn't conclude your business. You broke the rules. Your fault, no one elses.
I most definitely agree with Art on that count.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:03 PM   #5
CtahhR
Forum Administrator

I would like to bring it to everybody's attention reading this that "Rua" is a new username for "Kiwiussr".

Do I need say anything more?
Old 04-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #6
desantnik
Forum Moderator

RUA,

On March 10th I congratulated you on winning the auction and asked questions regarding your preferred mailing method and payment.

March 11th you replied asking about other items to purchase, but omitted answers to any of my questions.

March 12th I replied to your querie and again asked for the originally requested information.

Approximately a week later (I deleted the PM), I again asked for the information and cc'd Art.

March 27th, I again PMd you and informed you that if I didn't hear from you by April 1, I apologetically mentioned that I would have to resort to banning you as per forum marketplace rules.

If not replying to me for over two weeks for something you committed to purchasing is acceptable behavior to you, I don't want your business.

If as Ctahhr alleges, you are the same person originally posting here as kiwiussr whom I already declined from doing business with me, then the case is solved and you shouldn't be disappointed anyways. You always have your American military awards to keep you company and your previous reputation speaks for itself: http://soviet-awards.com/forum/sovie...ns-medals.html. For newer forum members' benefit, kiwiussr even editted out your claims, probably to cover your trails or out of shame.

If medals73 still approves of kiwiussr or now Rua, then I'm again reminded of how glad I am to have dropped him too. As the Motley Crue song so eloquently puts it "Don't go away mad, just go away." I guess the aphorism that you're known by your friends still holds true.

Last edited by desantnik; 04-02-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:54 PM   #7
medals73

I have chosen not to do business with business with "desantnik" because he pulled a cheat on me. I do not advertise this in each and every post I make. In fact, I'd rather see it recede as something in the past. But he cheated me, and now bans me from doing business with him, and attacks me and my character in each and every post he makes in the marketplace. I find this strange, to be attacked for calling out someone on a dishonest deal.

But I know that others do not have a problem with this. I have asked that his posts be altered and while he has never replied, I find their continuation to be an answer of sorts.

I sometimes read the forum, but do not post anything of substance. Like others, I have very reluctantly gone to the margins of a forum I once cared about and on which I posted things of substance.

I know this post will be pretty quickly deleted, but that is the forum world in which we live.

I have raised this only because of the renewed attacks on me (and please bear that in mind before you ban me for merely defending myself).

And, by the way, "desantnik" I don't "approve" of "kiwiussr" or of "Rua" or, frankly, of many of those now dominating and directing what was once an open and collegial forum. Many have departed. More, I fear, will do so. And no one asks why?
Old 04-02-2013, 05:31 PM   #8
desantnik
Forum Moderator

Here we go again by dragging out the mouse carcass. For all those who haven't heard medals73 whine, please read here and come to your own conclusions:

http://soviet-awards.com/forum/sovie...rketplace.html

I haven't personally deleted nor asked anyone to delete any posts (except spammers hawking making spurious business deals). Proof positive is the link above, as is your negative feedback which still exists. Again, I'll put my 59 (including you) happy customers and over 1100+ positive feedback against your sole complaint any day.

My sales postings merely state that you are ineliglble to conduct business with me. This hardly qualifies as an attack.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #9
andrew6767

Quote:
Originally Posted by desantnik View Post
Again, I'll put my 59 (including you) happy customers and over 1100+ positive feedback against your sole complaint any day.
It says it all really.

If the original poster is a confirmed banned user, I am not sure if its even worth having this thread open. Creating a new account doesnt give you the right to post here when you are banned. It also just provides the king of sour grapes an avenue to whinge and complain about ancient history (when he isnt liking any negative issue he can find)
Old 04-03-2013, 05:18 AM   #10
charlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtahhR View Post
I would like to bring it to everybody's attention reading this that "Rua" is a new username for "Kiwiussr".

Do I need say anything more?
hello, can I suppose the IP analysis brought you the proof?