The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Echoes of War
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,
Echoes of War

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > Post-Soviet States > Russian Federation > Subjects Of The Russian Federation > Republic Of Karelia

Republic Of Karelia Республика Карелия

Old 12-21-2009, 04:56 AM   #1
Stahanov

Ministry Of Education Gratitude Certificate.

Hi!

I got this rather decent document off a flea market when I went over the border to Russian Karelia. Can you give me a summary translation?

Not really Soviet stuff, but the forum was the first place that came to mind when I saw this. It has a Sovietish design to it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Plakaatti.jpg (116.7 KB, 35 views)
Stahanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2009, 06:14 AM   #2
Lapa

Re: Recent document

Stahanov,

That is a thank you letter from the Karelian Ministry of Education for support of orphan-children. It is definitely not Soviet as it was awarded a grant total of 20 days ago!

Marc
Lapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:15 AM   #3
Stahanov

Yeah, I know it isn't. I just said that the design has a Soviet-sort look to it. :)

Thanks for the translation!
Stahanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:35 PM   #4
deValcourt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapa View Post
Stahanov,

That is a thank you letter from the Karelian Ministry of Education for support of orphan-children. It is definitely not Soviet as it was awarded a grant total of 20 days ago!

Marc
Wow, are people really at the point of selling anything? Either it didn't mean that much to the recipient, which makes him/her the worst kind of hypocrite, or "thank you" letters from the Karelian Ministry of Education are about as significant as toilet paper to bears.:(

Phillip
Old 12-22-2009, 04:23 AM   #5
aironmeiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by devalcourt View Post
Wow, are people really at the point of selling anything? Either it didn't mean that much to the recipient, which makes him/her the worst kind of hypocrite, or "thank you" letters from the Karelian Ministry of Education are about as significant as toilet paper to bears.:(

Phillip
Some persons just do their job without expecting a reward or a "thank you", maybe selling this piece of paper for money to reinvest charity.
This world is the worst place to live but sometimes the miracle happens...
aironmeiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:38 AM   #6
Tretov

Quote:
Originally Posted by devalcourt View Post

Phillip
The fancy piece of paper is probably not the important thing for the person who got it.

Recently, related to this Christmas thing, I gave some 30 USD to a charity organisation to buy a goat to a family in Africa. As a "thank-you" I received a postcard depicting a goat. Now, we are flooded with all kind of paperwork garbage that pours in through mailbox, so it went rather straight into the recycling bin. The important is the money that was given to buy the goat, and in a way I think they could have spent the 2-3 USD cost used to print and ship that postcard on some food for the goat; and sent the thank-you notice by email.
Tretov is offline   Reply With Quote