The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Echoes of War
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,
Echoes of War

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > General And Slightly Off Topic Talk

General And Slightly Off Topic Talk Forum for exchanging ideas and talking about general issues without straying too far off topic.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2010, 07:59 PM   #11
andrew6767

Re: Problem with an eBay seller

Auke, if you payed via Paypal file a claim. I have had a similar case in the past where I have bought items that have turned out to be fake.

Firstly I asked the seller to refund my money. He simply ignored me. I filed a complaint with Paypal who investigated and then found in HIS favor. I was gobsmacked, especially considering his ad stated " genuine ".

I advised Paypal that I required the full name of the person responsible for their Australian operations as I wished to make a claim against Paypal in the Small Claims Tribunal in my state.

Paypal then advised they would refund me at their discretion

Sometimes its not the cost, its the principle. I once chased someone down who ripped me off on wages, only about $50. It took me 3 years to catch him, but when I did I fronted him in front of several hundred people at an organisation of which he had a position of responsibility.
By the time I had finished with him, he was literally run out of town jobless

The point I am making I suppose, is that people like this need to be named and shamed and action ( if possible ) taken against them. Otherwise they just keep doing it.

I dont collect a lot of Russian medals/awards anymore simply because of the vast amount of fakes and my inability to be able to spot them all.
andrew6767 is offline   Reply With Quote