The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,
Echoes of War
Echoes of War

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > General And Slightly Off Topic Talk > General Talk Archive

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2013, 04:09 PM   #1
Rua
Banned

Forum

I have been only a member of this forum for a short time and have found the whole experience here very different. I have been collecting medals for over 20 years and have been a member of the OMRS for the same period of time. I am also a member of several other web based forum and collectors sites for various countries awards to which I have always found its members to be helpful and polite.

I have gone through past posts here and have found that there is some great information here from good and honest members who's true interest in collecting and exchanging information; on the other had there are several members such as Ctahhr, Lapa, desantnik to name the ones who stick out who seem to have a dictatorship and personal views to which they always seem to be right and everyone else view is not relevant. they have on several occasions attack certain members personally in a public forum to which I feel is very childish and incorrect. if some one has a concern or difference of option this should not been viewed in the form of an attack on any member to which has happened to several members.

This site and forum in the past seems to have had many great members who contributed massively to the knowledge of collecting soviet awards, but sadly I have noticed many of them no longer seem to be active here which is a great shame and loss to those of us wanting to form networks of like minded collectors

I have been away with work and I won a auction from a member to whom I mentioned I was going to be away, but never had an opportunity to read his emails until yesterday and I am meet with a message of getting me banned for 3 months, really!!!

I have joined several other soviet collectors forums and to be honest they are leaps ahead of what this forum can currently offer with better quality members who goal is to assist members both now and old to develop their knowledge of collecting.

in summary I find that this forum has been in the past something great with input from a good cross section of collectors of various levels and knowledge, but now seems to be dominated by a small group of self centred individuals who's general goal is to self promote and for self gratification not to build a network of people with a common interest why I am not sure

RUA