The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Echoes of War
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,
Echoes of War

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > General And Slightly Off Topic Talk > General Talk Archive

Old 11-23-2004, 04:16 PM   #1
Art
Forum Founder

New Policy of keeping authentication in correct group

Guys,

I've received several questions regarding this new policy. It does not mean we do not want you to post, it simply means we want the correct groups to be used for these types of posts. There are the main groups "Titles", "Orders", "Medals" and "Paper Items", and then the same groups appear in the "Fake Alert!" section. We are simply trying to keep the information as organized and easy to find as possible.

I hope this doesn't create a controversy...it's merely a housekeeping type of thing. If you have any comments or questions, post them here.

Art
Old 11-23-2004, 11:25 PM   #2
Dolf

Art,

I definetely agree with the new Rules and the "housekeeping" recently done.

The only comment I have about this is that by posting pics of Awards we are not sure about doesn't mean that they are fake, and by posting those pics on a section called "Fake Alert" it seems we believe those pieces are fakes, see what I mean?

Couldn't you create a new section called for example "Identification" or something like that?

Just my two cents...

Keep up the great job, this Forum is getting better every day! Thanks to you and the Moderators, as well as all the other active members!

Thank you.

Best,

Dolf
Old 11-24-2004, 07:44 AM   #3
Art
Forum Founder

Dolf,

I understand..what you would do is if you are asking a question that is leaning on authenticity, for example "What do you guys think of this.." or "I bought this at XXXXX any opinions" post it in the appropriate fakes thread. If it's authentic, someone will say so and in that case the question regarding authenticity is answered. If it isnt, then anyone who is reading the thread will know it's an unanswered question. If you are posting information/questions such as historical "The Medal for Bravery was awarded the first time to XXXX" or Type and Variation "The T3 Order of the Red Banner was minted at XXXXX" or physical information "What are the dimensions and weight for the Order of XXXX" then post it in the main index groups.

We may move the rarer authentic pieces out of the Fake Alert group at some other time into the Main Index groups (The "Titles", "Orders", "Medals", and "Paper Items" groups on the Main Index). What we are trying to do is organize the information better. We are going to be re-organizing the Fake Alert! group so the information is easier to be browsed through. Plus, it will help eliminate duplicate requests for information, as an example when three people all post the same item up for auction on Ebay and all ask about the authenticity.

We included the wording in those messages that we aren't an authentication service because we simply don't have the manpower to offer an opinion "on the fly" for everyone. Authentication type requests have skyrocketed and as a result are now being posted in two different sections of the site. We want to organize so we can try and streamline things a bit.

Art