The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Echoes of War
Echoes of War
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > General And Slightly Off Topic Talk

General And Slightly Off Topic Talk Forum for exchanging ideas and talking about general issues without straying too far off topic.

Old 05-19-2003, 08:35 PM   #11
HuliganRS

This guy screwed me for OGPW1 on suspension!

The piece had enamel broken off on top ray and the price was right on or a bit less than market...

I do know where the Order ended up being sold to but I can't do anything about it!

as they say: Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware)...

He also screwed my friend, I'm sure he'll chime in and tell that side of the story!

Rusty.
Member #193
HuliganRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2003, 08:40 PM   #12
ericlida

Rusty

I am getting messages from different people about our "friend Vlad". He is famous today. In a few days I will probobly be able to come up with the total of $$ this person collected.

Eric
ericlida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 12:18 AM   #13
yolkin

oh jeez -- Shame on me!!!

Screw me once - Shame on you!
Screw me twice - Shame on me!

I got screwed TWICE, but not by the same guy. TOTAL LOSS = $475.00

The first guy was Oleg Pissarchik out of Moscow, and his ebay id was something like Ronin0267 or something to that extent. He offered a large lot on eBay that included 4-sided Battlefield Merit, and Friendship of Nations among others. He and I negotiated for a week, and I finally "talked him down" to $300 for the lot. FYI, he still has the yahoo gallery open at http://ca.photos.yahoo.com/ronin0267. I sent the money Western Union and received several emails stating that I should just wait until I get the package!!! The guy whose name the Western Union money was sent to was Sergey Pissarchik, supposedly Oleg's brother (I do have his address in Moscow - or whatever Oleg provided for me).

The second guy is our famed Vladislavs Savikis. Within a week of ordering from the Pissarchik guy, I was happy that such an avenue exists, and negotiated a sweet deal with Vlad for two OGPWs - 1st and 2nd class, Type 1. The first class one was going to go to HuliganRS, the second class one with document was for me. The money was sent Western Union to Riga, and emails were exchanged several times a week for many weeks while awaiting the package... When I saw the high-end items pop-up from Tallin on eBay and immediately offered to me by Vlad, I questioned him, and he stated that he and his friend are just in business and that I should trust him because his honesty will be apparent when "my" package will arrive. Well, as HuliganRS already stated, after a few months of waiting, the lot we bought wound up in USA, unfortunately not in our hands... The person who has the lot received it from their supplier in Belarus. I have no claim to the present owner, because a) "possession is 9/10th of the law", and b) he happens to be a decent guy who just "lucked out" on this lot.

FYI, I do have all of the emails with each of these defrauders nicely archived if I ever "need" them.

Well, again, shame on me!

Eric (yolkin)

Last edited by yolkin; 05-20-2003 at 12:32 AM.
yolkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 12:35 AM   #14
yolkin

TO ERICLIDA

Quote:
Oleg can tell you a lot about this guy's E-mails. I read them. It's terrible. Vlad thinks that only way to survive there (in Riga) is to cheat people from the US, because they (we) have a lot of money and $400.00 is nothing for them (us). He is writing this openly, not even thinking about simple human ethics.
Eric,

did he actually say that??!?!?!?

yolkin
Old 05-20-2003, 06:29 AM   #15
alanirvine

Fraud alert

Well Gentlemen,'

The guy from Riga, sells on ebay as alexcolbrown and whos name is Alexsandrs Mihailovs ripped me off for $450.00 plus $40.00 for the Western Union transfer.

Seems that he had a HSL plus doc on ebay and I contacted him after the auction.

He said that he wanted $475.00 and we settled at $450.00.

I transferred the money. He said that it would take a few weeks for me to receive the Hero in the mail. Funny that his location on ebay indicated Talin, Estonia but the Western Union money went to Riga, Latvia.

After three weeks, I emailed him. He said that he would check with his post office. He said that it may have been lost, in which case he would return my money. After a few more weeks, I again contacted him, he never returned my email (actually several emails).

His email address is: alexmih2003@yahoo.com

He said that he had another HSL, but without docs.

He also had a Nevsky 1, var 3 and a Nevsky screwback.

I saw a scan of the Orders and there was enamel missing from the star of the Nevsky. He also had a suspended Patriotic War.

As for our friend Vlad, I purchased a fake Belgrade from him. Seems that he has more Belgrades for sale than were given out. He did say that he would give my money back to me, but by the time I paid for shipping my time plus aggravation, it was a break even proposition.

All of the above messages makes a strong argument for dealing through dealers, or at least people that you know.

At least in the US you can knock on their door. I don't plan on going to Latvia anytime soon!

Alanirvine
alanirvine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 06:34 AM   #16
HuliganRS

Alan,

After I got screwed, I simply changed the way I deal with sellers across the pond!

Now I tell the seller, you send out the item, as soon as it comes I will mail the money...

Before you say B.S. This is how I purchased my Ushakov Group posted in General forum!!!

If they don't want to sell like this, I simply don't buy!

Rusty.
Member #193
HuliganRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 06:39 AM   #17
alanirvine

Fraud Alert

Rusty,

I agree if you purchase an item directly, but how does that work if you buy it over ebay?

Alan

Last edited by alanirvine; 05-20-2003 at 06:48 AM.
alanirvine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 08:20 AM   #18
AlexF.

Well, better late then never, Rusty. Finally, the new generation of collectors starts to appreciate a piece of mind buying from US dealers affords them. Yes, I know that sometimes, elusive bargain deals are very sweet, however, the slight percentage you might gain over several lucky transactions evaporates after a single unlucky one...
This guy, who named for me as Andrew Tkachenko (still, having a yahoo email with 81 in it) contacted me last week and without realizing it, offered me 3 high end orders (Ushakov 2, Nakhimov 2 and Bogdan 2), which are actually MINE :-) He lifted images off mondvor site, played with Adobe to alter S/N's a bit, and thought that now they are different, and of course, authentic....
I realize that it's impossible to know every order posted on every internet site out there, so once again, I say - please be careful, and don't get carried away by something that just looks good. All of the advanced collectors I know, without exceptions, will never send a penny without actually holding the orders in their hands, myself included. Even with dealers from former Russian republics, whom I dealt many times over, the procedure remains the same - nothing personal:-)

Alex.
AlexF. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 11:29 AM   #19
yolkin

I could not agree with HuliganRS and AlexF more.

Though I did receive an email from a member of a Russian-language Forum about my proposition of "medals today, money tomorrow" in which he politely insinuated that I need to seek psychiatric help if I want that type of a deal...

Having read the posts in this thread, I am more and more convinced that we need a new section titled Fraud Alert. Since this Forum is based out of USA, the common First Amendment laws apply. Because this is a privately owned and operated site but open to public use, all opinions offered here are just that - opinions. The only censorship that should exist here is the governance of the rules imposed by the owners of this Forum.

So, I think that if a Forum member gets swindled the rest of us should/must know that and stay away from the bad seller. I do not believe that this will turn into a "feedback" frenzy, but simply into a Caveat Emptor-type of messages. If an accused seller wishes to clear up anything, they are more than welcome to do that. In the past such comments/threads were confined to a General Discussion section, but I believe that at a quick glance one may want to view a section that warns about the bad sellers and their strategies and tactics.

Art, please consider this!

Eric (yolkin)

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 5:05 AM
To: djbigtime@attbi.com
Subject: Re: Question for seller -- Item #xxxxxxxxxx

moja imja ne Vlad a
SASHA

djbigtime@attbi.com wrote:
Nu chto Vlad, pomenyali ID???

Last edited by CtahhR; 04-15-2014 at 05:53 AM.
yolkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 12:32 PM   #20
ericlida

Eric (Yolkin)

Did you expect him to be honest and say sorry?

Eric
ericlida is offline   Reply With Quote