The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Echoes of War
Echoes of War
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > General And Slightly Off Topic Talk > General Talk Archive

Old 09-21-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
Bundtrock
Banned

Thank You To The Members Here!

I wanted to say a heartfelt THANK YOU to all the members here.

I have been posting on message boards for several years and I can honestly say this is the first time I have been on one where there was no name calling, berating, insulting, belittling, obscene pics being posted in order to degrade something another person said, posts questions the size of my genitals, etc.

EVERYONE I have encountered here, to date, has been very nice, very helpful, very congenial, very patient and I appreciate it a great deal.

I want to say a special THANK YOU to CtahhR for all his help in getting my pics right on my posts and his advice.

This is a VERY SPECIAL board and every member and ESPECIALLY THE MODERATORS AND OWNER have every right to be EXCEPTIONALLY PROUD of it.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2012, 08:14 PM   #2
CtahhR
Forum Administrator

Re: Thank You To The Members Here!

It is good to know you are enjoying the forum. Many people enjoy this forum on a daily basis and keep coming back year on year.

You may want to look more carefully at older posts as you will find name calling. You get terms such as "professional", "friendly", "colleague", "helpful", "informative" along side many others thrown at nearly all of the users here.

The adult attitude of nearly every member in the history of this forum reflects the nature of not only the hobby but the hobbyists. Some of the topics that are discussed here can be very light hearted and fun but some of the topics of conversation and discussion can be very sensitive such as deaths and other rather regrettable things but as a community we usually manage to get things right even though there is a large variation in language and culture amongst us. We certainly do not agree with everyone on anything but it is very possible to disagree and contribute towards the same ends.
In the entire 10+ year history of the forum very very few users have been permanently banned (only 1 in the last 12 months) which is also another great demonstration of the mentality of the users.

New members always bring in a fresh perspective and hopefully new unseen items and history. We were all new here once and everything you see posted is user contributed.

It may take a new member a little while to get to terms with the size of the forum and the breadth of users but we're all here for the same reason.

Have fun!
Old 09-21-2012, 10:05 PM   #3
cherepso

I agree! Actually this is my first post here in forum as I am a new member. I was born in the Soviet Union and moved to the US when I was younger. After my dad died I inherited my grandfather's medals from World War II. I have decided to improve my small collection of Soviet medals, and found this forum while researching sources! I have participated some in Russian forums, but the collectors there can be rude and not very helpful.

Anyway, I can't wait to look through all the "threads" here!
Old 09-22-2012, 09:56 AM   #4
Art
Forum Founder

And I swear those opinions were completely unsolicited

Thank you very much for your kind words. From myself and on behalf of the moderators.