The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Echoes of War
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,
Echoes of War

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > General And Slightly Off Topic Talk

General And Slightly Off Topic Talk Forum for exchanging ideas and talking about general issues without straying too far off topic.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2011, 11:31 PM   #10
deValcourt

Help for a diplomatic/political grad badge display

This could and will eventually go in the "How to Display Soviet Awards" thread, but I need a little help first. MY APOLOGIES FOR THE PICTURE QUALITY. I WAS IN A HURRY AND THIS IS JUST THE FIRST STAGE.

I picked up a cheap folding frame from Wal-Mart and I just put the badges more or less how they will finally be arranged. However, I need some more info on these badges because I am always getting some of them mixed up - even with reference books. I am especially confused about which, if any, of these badges are from the MGIMO, and the badge on the bottom right is the one that has confused me for the longest time. From what I've read, it has something to do with "friendship among peoples" - sort of like the order, but I have my doubts about that translation and maybe even the source of info I have. One of the things I like about the folding frame is that it can be closed for carrying, moving around or just safekeeping.

I think they are in the order from highest down (I wouldn't say any of them are "lowest"). Below is what I have from translation so far. I have the whole left side of the frame for text, so more details are better and I can edit it down to what will fit on that side of the frame. I would especially like to know for certain when each of these academies were founded and by whom (or what agency).

Thanks in advance for any data,
Phillip

Text:
(Upper Left) Diplomatic Academy – Ministry of Foreign Affairs USSR. By decision of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union together with the Council of Ministers of the USSR, the Higher School of Diplomacy was transformed in 1974 into the Diplomatic Academy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

MGIMO graduates underwent a one-year internship in the Diplomatic Academy. As a rule without this training, they did not rise to the next rank of either 2nd or 1st Secretary.

(Upper Right) Higher School of Diplomacy. In June 1934, in accordance with the decision of the Secretariat of the Central Committee of the CPSU of the USSR it established a training institute for diplomatic and consular staff:
-
(Center) Moscow State Institute of Foreign Relations.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Diplomatic-political badges.jpg (94.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Political badges 2.jpg (65.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Political badges 3.jpg (38.2 KB, 25 views)