The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Echoes of War
Echoes of War
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > General And Slightly Off Topic Talk > General Talk Archive

Old 09-18-2011, 04:03 PM   #1
CtahhR
Forum Administrator

Ongoing Changes To Soviet Bloc Section.

Some users may find that the Soviet Bloc section of the forum is undergoing a few changes. Many posts are being moved to new more refined sections and some are being split, merged or renamed to aid all users in navigation of the forum and also help with identification of known awards. Some of the national sections have had sub sections added such as "Orders" or "Medals" sections which are self explanatory.

The changes to this section should not take too long but it is not a quick nor simple task by any means so please bear with me if threads move whilst you are trying to access them, they will still be accessible and hopefully easy to locate.

If there are any questions, concerns, problems or anything else regarding the changes in the section feel free to contact me via private message and I will be sure to address the message as soon as possible.

If as a forum user you have not spent much time in the section I highly recommend giving it a try as there is something there for everyone. The section covers not only Awards from Communist nations but also paper items, flag, uniforms and more. There are also a great number of threads on Soviet awards issued within the Soviet Union from 1917-1991 on a Republic and not entire Union level. If you think you have no interest in this section you may very well soon find your mind is changed and it may also lead to the parting with money in pursuit of newly found treasures.

I am having a very educational time reading all of the posts as part of this task and there is an ocean of information which has been collected in one place and provided by some very experienced and knowledgeable collectors and enthusiasts. I also hope that this section will continue to grow during the ongoing changes and be able to expand ever larger in the future. If there is a particular nation that is of special interest to you and you have any information or pictures to offer please post it. I would also like to encourage all users if possible to post the official native language name of any award within the post to aid others in the pursuit of information.

A great thanks to everyone who has posted in the section.

Last edited by CtahhR; 09-18-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2011, 05:53 PM   #2
EricFG

Re: Ongoing Changes To Soviet Bloc Section.

Well begun, Dennis. Good luck in your endevours and I can't wait to see the finished product.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
CtahhR
Forum Administrator

Re: Ongoing Changes To Soviet Bloc Section.

The renovations to the Soviet Bloc subforum are now all but complete. The subforum now has 60 new sections to aid all users. Hopefully no-one has been inconvenienced by the work as it was ongoing but I tried to endeavour to make changes as swiftly as possible with the least disruption to service.

If you've not yet had a look you're missing out. Of course we all encourage all users to post new information and pictures in the Soviet Bloc subforum.

I will also be posting a set of guidelines in a thread in the main Soviet Bloc subforum that I would like everyone to take a glance at. These guidelines will hopefully make navigation easier and help information to be presented in a very user friendly way.

Enjoy the forum!