The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,
Echoes of War
Echoes of War

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > General And Slightly Off Topic Talk

General And Slightly Off Topic Talk Forum for exchanging ideas and talking about general issues without straying too far off topic.

Old 10-11-2006, 03:42 AM   #161
Lapa

Manu,

Don't hold your breath over that one IMHO!

Marc
Lapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2006, 04:55 AM   #162
Manu Dalton

Back from Paris, the trip start with 5 hours of train from Mulhouse, Alsace. Long run from 6AM to 11AM. The first day we start by visiting the Cluny museum, only displaying stuff from the middle ages, that was VERY cool. A very nice variety of object from jewels, everyday stuff to arms. Entrance was 4,50 euros, for the price its a must see for every middle age lover.

In the night we go to the Sacré Coeur, big church on Montmarte hill, build after the franco-prussian war for the forginess of France from his revolutionnary sin action ( they should build another for todays one's...), I really love this place. Nice view over the city and the church itself is awesome!!! Unlike the Sacré Coeur I didnt like that much Notre-Dame, too many tourist so you cant see a damm thing without being pushed in the back by a japanese who whant to take photo of "that special piece". Thats look like a christian disneyland, lot of people, everyone is talking, pushing in the back, too crowded too enjoy and a gift shop more expensive then buying a HSU...

Second day we go to le Louvres, spend 6h hours over there and didnt see 1/3 of the rooms. We have done Napoleon III rooms, french painting, egyptian antique, Venus de Milo, Mona Lisa, Leonardo Da Vinci painting, Raphaello painting, David huge painting made for Napoleon , El Greco, etc etc etc. Also the middle ages section who contain Charlemagne crown and sword and a lot of moonstrance, crucifix, jewels, statue, etc etc A huge lot of cool stuff, this section is almost the size of the entire Cluny museum. We also saw Louis XV coronation jewels and crown.

My comments are simple, even if you came from Canada, USA or Japan go there once in a life time !!! Its a awesome museum with a very big variety of master piece and a little bit of everything. If one day I go back in Paris I'll go there once again for sure.

We also pay a view to le Louvres des Antiquaires, nice stuff but a way much over priced. Theres a guy who sell militaria, he had a very nice and rare Victory over Germany medals for only 200 euros...WWII Red star for 100 euros and so on. He had a very nice variety of medals, orders from almost every country in the world but they were all priced like that. I ask the guy about taking picture of the medals display to show on the board but I didnt agree so unfortunatly no picture to share.

In another shop who dosnt sell militaria at all I found a Imperial german Saxe service medals for 12 years in a box of coins. I had take this one at a fair price.

We dindt had the time to go on Republique avenue and anyway the girlfriend didnt whant that much to go there!

Its been a great two days in museum, but outside those I had to say that I really hate this city! Too much people everywhere, too many cars and damm too many tourists!
Old 10-13-2006, 09:29 AM   #163
Soviet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu Dalton View Post
Its been a great two days in museum, but outside those I had to say that I really hate this city! Too much people everywhere, too many cars and damm too many tourists!
Hehe, me I love crowded cities. More things to see and to do.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:02 PM   #164
Manu Dalton

Thats why you lived in Montréal and me in Québec!
Old 11-19-2006, 04:15 PM   #165
Christophe

Izmaylovo Market - Moscow

I was In Moscow yesterday, Saturday, and tried to visit the Izmaylovo flea market, in Izmaylovo Park.

Unfortunately, even if I rode around the Park - which is quite big -, I did not find the market itself . Bad for me...

But, I will be back in Moscow again next Saturday. Could someone precisely indicate me on a map where exactly to find it ?

Many thanks in advance .

Ch.
Christophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 04:58 PM   #166
Soviet

Christophe, they have changed the name of the metro station. I noticed this last summer. The station Izmaylovski Park has been renamed Partisanskaya. Sturday and Sunday are the best day to go!

When you arrive at Partisanskaya you cannot miss it. You have to walk about 5-8 minutes in the direction where you see kind of old wooden russian houses. This is the tourist market. The best things are on the second floor at the end of the market.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:17 PM   #167
Christophe

Thanks Bryan!!! But, could you post the exact location on a map, because I did several times a circle (in car) around the Park... and saw a lot of Parkings, commercial centers... but nothing looking like a flea market ...

Ch.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:28 PM   #168
EricFG

If ya can take some pictures of the place please. I'd like to see what goes on there.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:46 PM   #169
Soviet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christophe View Post
Thanks Bryan!!! But, could you post the exact location on a map, because I did several times a circle (in car) around the Park... and saw a lot of Parkings, commercial centers... but nothing looking like a flea market ...

Ch.
Christoph, I bet it is more difficult to get there by car as by subway. I'll try to find something for you to find it. The subway is easy. Get out, turn left and walk straight ahead.

I took that picture 3 years ago of the entrance. It is written "Vernissage" as we would say in French at the entrance. Any taxis know the place for sure.

Vernissage market at Partisanskaya/Izmalovsky Park.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vernissage.jpg (45.7 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by Soviet; 11-19-2006 at 05:52 PM.
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 05:56 PM   #170
Christophe

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricFG View Post
If ya can take some pictures of the place please. I'd like to see what goes on there.
For sure....If I succeed in getting there .

Ch.