The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,
Echoes of War
Echoes of War

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > General And Slightly Off Topic Talk

General And Slightly Off Topic Talk Forum for exchanging ideas and talking about general issues without straying too far off topic.

Old 08-28-2016, 12:05 AM   #141
Shocktrooper

Re: Fake Orders of Nevsky

I just bought order of Alexander Nevsky #31.947 (see images in the annex).

There are some things that make me suspicious about it... maybe you can help me with the following questions:

1. is it genuine?
2. do you know the E*** seller (nagradaussr)? It is strange that he has 100% positive feedback, but only 13 feedbacks at all. And all of them are for low-price items, not for expensive ones.
3. In the auction was mentioned this address: "Всеволожск, Ленинградская область, СНТ Торфя,Russia" - I thought, "Leningrad" is "St. Petersburg" now!?
4. In the after-buy procedure it is mentioned that the shipping will be from China!? This does not fit at all, because "Russia" and "China" are different things.

What do you think about all this?

Thank you very much and with kind regards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01.jpg (98.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 02.jpg (98.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 03.jpg (100.0 KB, 3 views)
Shocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2016, 12:27 AM   #142
CtahhR
Forum Administrator

I don't think I'm the only person who is going to say this - RUN AWAY!!!

Also Leningrad Oblast did not change its name. The city of Leningrad returned to being Saint Petersburg but the surrounding Oblast (of which the city is no longer a part) kept the Leningrad.
Old 08-28-2016, 12:30 AM   #143
USSR

Indeed! Run away!!! I have contacted this person and he was willing to sell the Nevsky for $800 outside eBay and his Lenin order for $900... $300 under the gold value... The items on the pictures are perfectly nice orders. But(!) he probably doesn't own them!!
Old 08-28-2016, 01:26 AM   #144
Shocktrooper

Hello CtahhR,

could you please be a little bit more precise - what exactly do you mean? Did you also have a bad experience concerning this seller? Is this Nevsky already known for being a fake? Or are the images possibly stolen from a website, another online auction, etc. ? I also had some weird stomach feelings concerning the surrounding data, so I decided not to pay at once via Paypal. A nice feature concerning St. Petersburg / Leningrad by the way - I did not know that

With kind regards.

@USSR,

ok, I do understand - I also had an such an occurrence some months ago: a very nice (early) order of the Red Star. When asking some questions before bidding, the seller was extremely polite, but when asking some questions after buying it (especially the one for additional images), the seller just wrote: "this deal is cancelled!". Three weeks later he was banned from E***

Bastards...

Last edited by Shocktrooper; 08-28-2016 at 01:30 AM.
Old 08-28-2016, 01:44 AM   #145
CtahhR
Forum Administrator

Without going into too much detail, it is the simple old fraud. A google image search is often a great help when detecting these cons.

It's not unusual for the same award to come up for sale again but not with the same images.

I'll just echo what I've been saying for years. If in doubt, leave it out. Also only purchase higher end items from the most trusted of sources (even those are not infallible!).
Old 08-28-2016, 04:15 AM   #146
Shocktrooper

Hello,

I sent the fellow seller some annoying questions about the addresses, etc. - this is the response, I got back:

"Здравствуйте! Это супруга Артема Сухих - Ольга Сухих.
Муж ночью попал в больницу с очень высоким давлением (220/140)
Сегодня утром я была в больнице. Он просил отменить все продажи и написать письма о том, что весь товар зарезервирован для тех, кто выиграл аукцион. Извините, что так получилось. Как только он выйдет из больницы (доктор сказал 10-14 дней минимум), он с вами свяжется и отправит Вам товары. С уважением, Ольга"

"Hello! It spouse Artem Dry - Dry Olga.
Her husband was in the hospital the night with a very high pressure (220/140)
This morning I was in the hospital. He asked to cancel all sales and write a letter that all goods are reserved for those who have won the auction. I'm sorry that it happened. As soon as he gets out of the hospital (doctor said at least 10-14 days), he will contact you and send you the goods. Best regards, Olga"

Very persuading

Poor fellows that already did pay their purchases last night...
Old 08-28-2016, 04:35 AM   #147
CtahhR
Forum Administrator

You know how to find them!

This story has a completely overpowering bovine smell to it....

That's not to say medical emergencies don't happen (had so many of them happen around me in the last year it's now a routine) but they don't generally come on cue.

I don't think replying with something along the lines of "I hope he dies" is too distasteful.
Old 08-28-2016, 12:21 PM   #148
Pobeda45

Re: FRAUD Alert!

The order itself looks good to me. Actually, the shape of all the features, mintmark etc looks precise to me but it's the color of metal that seems off--could be a factor of how it was scanned though.

Regarding the seller, we know that Russia's Penal Code forbids the sale of military decorations.. So it is possible that the seller is a middleman who coordinates delivery from other locations. That said, after awhile the red flags add up... There will always be another Nevsky to scoop up, with less stress.

George
Pobeda45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 12:45 PM   #149
USSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pobeda45 View Post
The order itself looks good to me. Actually, the shape of all the features, mintmark etc looks precise to me but it's the color of metal that seems off--could be a factor of how it was scanned though.

Regarding the seller, we know that Russia's Penal Code forbids the sale of military decorations.. So it is possible that the seller is a middleman who coordinates delivery from other locations. That said, after awhile the red flags add up... There will always be another Nevsky to scoop up, with less stress.

George
Yes, the item on the pictures is ok. We've discussed it already. The scammer is a fraud. I'm 100% positive. Again, he could have walked in any juwerly shop in Russia to get more for the Lenin just for gold value than the $900 he wanted for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocktrooper View Post
Hello,

I sent the fellow seller some annoying questions about the addresses, etc. - this is the response, I got back:

"Здравствуйте! Это супруга Артема Сухих - Ольга Сухих.
Муж ночью попал в больницу с очень высоким давлением (220/140)
Сегодня утром я была в больнице. Он просил отменить все продажи и написать письма о том, что весь товар зарезервирован для тех, кто выиграл аукцион. Извините, что так получилось. Как только он выйдет из больницы (доктор сказал 10-14 дней минимум), он с вами свяжется и отправит Вам товары. С уважением, Ольга"

"Hello! It spouse Artem Dry - Dry Olga.
Her husband was in the hospital the night with a very high pressure (220/140)
This morning I was in the hospital. He asked to cancel all sales and write a letter that all goods are reserved for those who have won the auction. I'm sorry that it happened. As soon as he gets out of the hospital (doctor said at least 10-14 days), he will contact you and send you the goods. Best regards, Olga"

Very persuading

Poor fellows that already did pay their purchases last night...
*Pffff... What a story... Lol.

*I really hope nobody paid for the other items...
Old 08-28-2016, 02:18 PM   #150
CtahhR
Forum Administrator

Re: FRAUD Alert!

I don't think that the ban is "Military Decorations" but State Awards (for any activity). The Russian Empire and RSFSR (and Soviet Union) are seen as predecessors to the current Russian Federation.

I've never had any issue getting any Ministerial awards out of the Russian Federation but even post- Soviet State awarded Jubilee Medals have been seized by Customs.

The laws of Ukraine are different again however.