The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Echoes of War

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > Soviet Sphere > Democratic People's Republic Of Korea

Democratic People's Republic Of Korea 조선민주주의인민공화국 9th September 1948 -

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2010, 11:56 AM   #21
CtahhR
Forum Administrator

Re: Documented Group

The last one certainly sold for $710 since I was the one buying it. I have seen them advertised for sale for triple that but I wouldn't be willing to pay that. A Kim Jong-Il order with the number destroyed went for over $600 last week and I wouldn't be interested in paying anything like that amount of money for a defaced order. The DPRK may have issued over 6 Million orders in their 62 years (all but 2 of those years at war with the Republic of Korea) but this does not make them common as the Soviet Union (with a population 12 times the size) awarded 25,274,777 orders from 1924 to 1991 a 67 year time period (with about 17 years of that at war) and you certainly can't find any Soviet order even the OPW2 of which closer to 7 million than 6 were issued for the same bargain basement price of the common DPRK orders. I think that if the DPRK opens up and allows it's awards to be traded (which Russia does not allow) prices will not drop on the whole because they are already rock bottom. I have bought REAL DPRK orders in excellent condition for under $5 delivered, I'm not buying for investment just for fun but how could I lose if I were? I never sell anything.... but if anyone has any for sale I'm buying alright!
CtahhR is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmarks

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off