The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Echoes of War

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > Soviet Sphere > People's Republic Of China

People's Republic Of China 中华人民共和国 1st October 1949 -

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2004, 04:18 PM   #37
Taz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nota Bene
Eddie,

#15 - close enough, it's a Kuonmingdan Officer's School Medal, central military zone. I believe the suspension is from some other medal;

#16 - The so called Zhu De Medal, issued in 1947 by Northeast Democratic United Army. Suspension is wrong;

#17 - close enough, but actually a Fighting Hero Medal, issued by Liu Ping. I don't think this is the correct suspension;

#18 - looks familiar, but need to do some more digging.

Alexei
Alexei,
Thanks for the exact naming of the Orders. In the text it was actualy written in German. Seems to come over a bit wrong when trying to do a direct translation.
Are the Orders I posted of a commemerative type? They seem to be poorly made if they are official awarded items.

Eddie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nota Bene
Eddie,

The left one is a medal for marksmanship issued by the 30th Division of the National Revolutionary Army, suspension is wrong.

The right one is a Kuonmingdan Medal for victory against Japan, suspension is of course wrong.

Chinese medals are a fairly new area for me, and I still can't figue out why some official and apparently important awards are so cheaply made, while some regimental pins are made like an Order of Lenin :confused:

Alexei
Alexei,
Thanks very much for the ID. :)
These items are supposed to be from someones collection so he must have had a lot of his awards on the wrong suspentions.
Do you know what they are straight away? Or do you have a reference of some sort?
I've seen one book on Chinese Medals and badges but on the web there doesn't seem to be much info on this collecting field.
It is indeed strange that some awards seem to be so poorly made. I take it buy your answer that they are actualy official Orders and medals which I posted and not commemerative, would that be correct?

BTW Alexei do you mind if I post a few more Awards for ID?
I have a few more pics of Chinese awards that need a name.

Eddie.