The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Echoes of War
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,
Echoes of War

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > General And Slightly Off Topic Talk > General Talk Archive

Old 04-07-2005, 12:09 PM   #121
HuliganRS

All in all, if and when they are returned to their owner he will be well compensated from the sale of the awards now vs. the prices he would have recieved years ago!

Rusty.
Member #193
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2005, 02:15 PM   #122
new world

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuliganRS
All in all, if and when they are returned to their owner he will be well compensated from the sale of the awards now vs. the prices he would have recieved years ago!

Rusty.
Rusty,

You are making assumption that he receives back all/most of stolen award.

Many of his items amy never be recovered.

William
Old 04-07-2005, 02:20 PM   #123
HuliganRS

Maybe...

Still, even if he recieves 50% - 75% of his items and the prices have risen 2x - 7x depending on a piece then he's still ahead.

Rusty.
Member #193
Old 04-07-2005, 03:48 PM   #124
ericlida

If we speak only about $$ - yes the dealer might be compensated after several years. What can compensate the stress he went during the armed robbery? As I know he even moved to another State because of it.
Many years ago I had burglary at my home. There is now money that can replace the loss of security in your own home.
Eric.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:00 PM   #125
marc-

You are right Eric.
At me it has been also a burgled for the collection blank weapons.
Fortunately have we a large dog in house, the those burglars has drives off.
So that them have caught a couple pieces, and not the complete collection.
now we live differently, who can return me living for the burgled ?
that cannot buy you with money !!!!!!!

Marc
Old 04-07-2005, 06:12 PM   #126
HuliganRS

Guys, I agree completely.

But I rather have something recovered.

Rusty.
Member #193
Old 05-12-2005, 04:35 PM   #127
new world

Update on Dmitry M**** robbery

More info on robbery of NY dealer Dmitry M*** and details of the investigation.

Published in the recent issue of NY-based Russian newspaper "Ruskaya Reklama". Text is in Russian and here's the link:

http://www.rronline.ws/cgi-bin/news....=360961&PAGE=0

William
Old 05-17-2005, 10:47 PM   #128
ibaya

Here's an imperfect translation, courtesy of BabelFish at AltaVista.com:

"Russian command" they charge with the gangsterism

The agents of New York department THE FBI arrested the sequential party of participants in the so-called "brigade of Abramov" - the bands of russkoyazychnykh bruklintsev, which charge with the armed robberies, the thefts, the extortion and other crimes. Using the data of Brooklyn federal procuratorship and the materials of the matter в„– Cr 04-1041, the band handled in Brooklyn, Manhattan, in the Ste1ten- Island, in New Jersey and Wisconsin from October of 2001 through April 2005, although the arrests of its participants began from November of the past year, when after the audacious robbery of jewelry butika in Madison -avenh in the Manhattan investigation it undertook BY THE FBI.

On the suspicion of the participation to this robbery they arrested 32- summer Artur drubetskiy on the nickname of bald and 37- summer Gidona of Abramov (the very same Gideon, the very same gennadi, the very same gene). Judging by everything, gene it began to give indications immediately after arrest, but, nevertheless, to this day it is considered basic accused. Obtaining warrant to the arrest of bald, the FED Of dzheffri Of koch explained to judge, that Drubetskiy also participated in robberies and attempts at the robberies in Kvinse, in Long Island and in the Brooklyn region the Brighton- whip, and its outputs there were "jewelry articles, hours, rings, available money and Russian antiquariate".

Approximately at the same time, but on another charge, they arrested Peter sarkisova and 43- summer Dmitriy lernera on the nickname long, the accused of the robbery new -djersiРЇkogo businessman for the sum of 333 thousand dollars. On 10 January of this year for the "brigade of Abramov" they produced the first charge, and during the same day they arrested 30- summer Syuzen To songaylu, it Susannah karamyan, and 34- summer Oleg Grabski. In 10 days Susanu let out under the guarantee 300 thousand dollars, and another cheyez of 18 days under the guarantee of 500 thousand dollars was freed Lerner, which, on the persistent rumors, also agreed to help investigation. In the charge also was mentioned besfamil'nyy David on the nickname the Georgian, arrested whom could not be.

In indictment were enumerated 15 episodes of the criminal activity of the "brigade", by victims of which steel of 6 citizens even three jewelry stores - already mentioned "Michael Ashton Fine Jewelry" in Madison -avenh, and also "Golden Door" to the Bra1ion- whip to avenyu in Brooklyn and "Treiber & Straub Jewellers" into Brukfilde, state of Wisconsin.

Went time, arrested they confessed, in the matter appeared new episodes and new participants. As a result on 15 April the procuratorship "unsealed" new indictment with volume 70 pages - in previous it was only 21 pages. In it they appeared Boris Alekseyev on the nickname the Fight- Afghan (who has long ago sat in the prison and awaits deportation), and Andranik Of garnikyan, the very same Andranik Of rarmikyan, the very same Andar, the prisoner on 9 February of this year. On Friday on 15 April the FEDS took away and introduced to the matter "bands of Abramov" of Igor baltachi (the very same Nodar), Mamuku Of reviashvili and Oleg bakal'chuk. Female place occupied arrested together with Bokal'chukom its friend Flora gulyan. On business be sought entire the same David gruzin, while according to the specified data David malkhazov, and Mamedzade Of alikabarov, the very same Mamed.

In principle the charge remained the same, but there was added "obstruction to the sending of justice", that was being consisted in the fact that from 5 November 2004 through 31 March, 2005, (i.e., in the period of the already leading investigation) the members of group secretly stored firearms and it is more than 400 thousand dollars available. Into new charges enters also the "sending of stolen article abroad", or more precisely into Moscow, and one arson - on 30 July of past year Abramov and Drubetskiy allegedly burnt the "Mercedes", in which drove their brother- bandit Of andranik Of garnikyan.

If in the first charge of the assumed bandits they seized in the attack on 11 people and 3 stores from 8 August, 2002, through 4 October, 2004, then now by them counted the same stores, and also 11 "John Dawe", i.e., suffer- men, and 5 "Jain Dawe" - the women, whom they robbed also in their houses, and next to the houses, and in businesses, and next to the businesses.

This entire murderous "international" was assembled in the cafe "passage" to the Kings- highway in Brooklyn, that in no way throws the shadow to the reputation of this worthy place. As established investigation, there bandits nurtured their black plans, in connection with how their criminal group in second indictment they renamed into the "command from" the passage "(Passage Crew).

"in them its reconnaissance worked, described to me source, familiar with the materials of the matter. - they became acquainted with the people, information were gathered, who where works and lives, in whom how many money or values, where he them stores - in some rich "Russians" there are domestic safes. Detailed information was gathered, and then they robbed ". Specifically, so competently on 8 August, 2002, they robbed Dmitriy ******, who lived in the six-storied house in the Brooklyn region Wipsxed- Bay - now it lives in New Jersey. In two hours the robbers searched apartment and took away ancient swords, rare coins m the collection of Russian military rewards. Procuratorship represented ****** as suffered "John Dawe -2".

"on 8 August, 2002, it is said in indictment (p. 44), accused Of gidon Abramov and Artur drubetskiy left in the apartment of accomplice in Brooklyn the ancient coins and another property, stolen u" John Dawe -2 "on 9 August... Abramov and Drubetskiy and also, etc., conducted encounter in the apartment of accomplice, and between 9 August even on 31 deca-BRA, 2002, accomplice drove from Brooklyn, New York, to Moscow, Russia, and from Moscow, Russia, to Brooklyn, New York ".

By the neighbor of ****** proved to be Oleg Grabski, who also became the victim of robbers and it gave to them "nakolku" to ******. With the search of Grabski's apartment found hundreds of books from the numsmatics and boxes with the ancient coins. In first indictment it passes as the full-fledged member of band, but the secondly it does not exist - Oleg recognized himself as the guilty and correctly made on the council of attorney. It they excluded from the matter "brigades of passazhnikov", from the individual charge they crossed out the weapon, for which it is assumed "plus seven", and criminal agreement, for which also is added the period. Grabski remained pure before the law and conscience - he does not collaborate with the procuratorship, but also he will not contradict it, and sentence to it they will count off not from 10 years to lifelong, but from zero to 5.

Each episode of the robberies of "command" charge divided by four, and that six points, for which is relied separate punishment. Robbers twice (according to the federal and regular laws) answer for the criminal agreement, i.e., preparation, twice for robbery itself, and if they conveyed victim from the place to the place, then twice for the theft. As "organization obtained money", is evident from "affidevita" - notification in writing in the law court of the FED Mario Pisano, which during February requested the warrant to the arrest Of garnikyana. Andranik Of garnikyan, writes Mario Pisano, participating in many matters of the "Russian Mafia", by force drove away that suffered, which was named "John Dawe -1", from his Brooklyn house to underground gaming house in Brighton- whip region. There "John Dawe -1" they thrashed and cut by knife, after which "Garnikyan and two accomplices threatened it with pistol, and then they threatened to rape with the aid of the stick". That suffered held three hours, threatening to be straightened with its relatives and close ones, and they let go only after "John Dawe -1" agreed to pay Garnikyanu of 16 thousand dollars, and to its two accomplices to return 60 additional thousands.

Agent Pisano also indicates that the details of this episode it learned from Cs -1 - secret source, i.e., the informant, who allegedly met "John Dawe -1" soon after incident and saw the tracks of beatings. Besides Cs -1 the FED Mario Pisano refers to Cw-1 - witness, who collaborates with the charge, whom is passed in this matter and it already recognized itself as the guilty.

To leave to the track of the "command" OF THE FBI it was possible relatively simply. With the robbery of butika "Michael Ashton Fine Jewelry" in Madison -avenh in the Manhattan on 16 July of past year one of three criminals cut hand by glass of the broken shop window and left on the floor the traces of the blood. Models sent to the examination, which established that the identical blood flows in the veins the genes of Abramov, in the past who passed the blood into National DNI Index System - the obshcheamerikanskuyu computer card index of criminals according to their genetic data. As it is conducted in such cases, the inspectors OF THE FBI inquired urban traffic cops - and those made it gift, after reporting that approximately during the robbery of butika not far from it obtained "tiket" for incorrect parking motor vehicle Nissan Accord 2003 with new -djersiРЇkimi by numbers NTZ 47H. as it was explained, this machine used entire the same Gideon Abramov, to whom of these evidences interlaced such bast sandals, that after arrest it in a flash smeknul, which is better to be split.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:00 AM   #129
new world

More news on the robbery case investigation:

http://www.rusrek.com/cgi-bin/news.p...=362165&PAGE=0

http://www.rusrek.com/cgi-bin/news.p...=362165&PAGE=1

Interesting detail - Dmitry's neighbor - a coins collector - told robbers about idea of the heist. The same neighbor also let the robbers use his balcony to get into Dmitry's apartment (neighbor lived few floors below). Stolen items were later stored in the neighbor's apartment.

Detectives estimate the value of stolen collectables to be around $1.5 million dollars, including coins, antiques, awards and icons and swords. Items where either from Dmitry's personal collection, on consignment or from "exchange fund".

It's not clear about whereabouts of the collection, but main portion of collection was sold to Russia, some items went to eBay and local antiques dealers on Brighton Beach.

Shortly after the robbery Dmitry moved out from Brooklyn and settled in New Jersey.

William

Last edited by new world; 08-03-2005 at 06:02 AM.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:11 PM   #130
Tretov

Beware - Stolen uniform

Well, I was home to my dear Finland for a few weeks this summer, came home yesterday. This morning I went down to the basement to see my uniforms, but... someone had broken into the storage room and taken them all. The heavy padlock had been violently broken off.

After some search, I found a few of the uniforms in another room, stashed in a pile together with other items from other storage rooms that had also been broken into.

The things missing are:
-Complete colonels uniform with awards
-Awards from a lt. colonel uniform
-Cap badges from all airforce caps

At first I was so mad, but it feels somewhat better now when I found some of them.

I don't know if I can post images here, can some moderator or Art send me a pm if it is OK. The reason to why I don't post any images without asking is that these two uniforms are for sale at my site.