The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Echoes of War

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > Soviet Sphere > Mongolian People's Republic > Mongolian Badges

Old 02-07-2010, 06:18 PM   #31
muugii1234

Re: Interesting Mongolian rhombus badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by deValcourt View Post
This one just came in. It is similar to the previous green background "ЦЕДС" badge, but has "ЦНДС" and "rays" in the green. I saw others with these rays in the bag o'badges posted earlier in this thread. I don't which came first, this one or the more solid background ones. It appears that the more solid green is older, but I can only base this on looking at both in my hands and judging the degree off craftsmanship that went into each - the "ЦЕДС" seems to have more work in it and the enamel is a little duller than the other one. They both have the same markings on th escrewnut, but the one pictured has a larger screwnut (about twice the size).

Phillip

I found another badge that is similar (but blue and for "ПДС") and the seller says it's 1970s-80s. Also, Battushig's book is on the way.
Hello comrades:) I did some research on internet about your two rhombus badges and I found some information regarded this. As it says, the "ЦЕДС" goes for цэргийн ерөнхий дээд сургууль, "ЦНДС" goes for цэргийн нэгдсэн(united) дээд сургууль. Do not confuse with this 2 name it is the name of one military school and it seems it often changes its name. According to this information "ЦЕДС" existed between 1967-1981 and "ЦНДС" is 1981-1991 which means your second badge is later than first one:thumbsup The link of this information as follows, sorry text was in Mongolian. http://www.icb.edu.mn/index.php?acti...s&id=1013&mod=
Old 02-08-2010, 12:51 AM   #32
deValcourt

Welcome to the forum and thank you for the information and the link. Once you go to the link, you can click on the English version. This comes up with the "Institute of Commerce and Business" - a very far cry from the military academy badge many of us thought it should be, including Dr. Battushig (yes guys, I now have the book).

Phillip
Old 02-08-2010, 04:11 AM   #33
muugii1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by deValcourt View Post
Welcome to the forum and thank you for the information and the link. Once you go to the link, you can click on the English version. This comes up with the "Institute of Commerce and Business" - a very far cry from the military academy badge many of us thought it should be, including Dr. Battushig (yes guys, I now have the book).

Phillip
That's why I am telling the text in Mongolian:D I have checked the website of military school-www.dum.mn and it was dead nothing display, the google result just lead me to this link and I have no idea why they put it in their website:confused:
Despite my few threads which were posted two years ago I am new in this forum and thank you. You are welcome.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:51 PM   #34
deValcourt

Quote:
Originally Posted by muugii1234 View Post
That's why I am telling the text in Mongolian:D I have checked the website of military school-www.dum.mn and it was dead nothing display, the google result just lead me to this link and I have no idea why they put it in their website:confused:
Despite my few threads which were posted two years ago I am new in this forum and thank you. You are welcome.
I'm just glad we have someone here who is from Mongolia (at least that I know of anyway).:thumbsup

Phillip