The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,
Echoes of War
Echoes of War

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > Post-Soviet States > Ukraine > Ukrainian Badges

Old 09-05-2006, 05:55 AM   #1
Tal Inbar

Badge "Deputy Of The Supreme Soviet Of Crimea".

------------------------------

Original? Fake? What is the era? Note the S/N and the pin. Also note lack of mint mark.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (44.5 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (32.4 KB, 32 views)
Old 09-05-2006, 08:47 AM   #2
ericlida

Crimian Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal Inbar View Post
------------------------------

Original? Fake? What is the era? Note the S/N and the pin. Also note lack of mint mark.

Tal,
It's my 100% logical guess.
I think it is current. Nobody would permit to have a Russian flag on Crimian Badge before 1990.
Knowing the seller, I believe it's original. I think this is the first time I see the badge.

Eric
ericlida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:11 AM   #3
Tal Inbar

Thanks Eric!

This seller has a lot of rare items, but I don't like most of his documents.

T
Old 09-05-2006, 09:49 AM   #4
Lapa

Tal, Eric,

Crimea had only 4 types of Deputy's badges during the USSR, and all were in the shape of a red, rectangular flag, inscribed either "Кр. ЦИК" on the first variant, or "Кр. АССР" on the other 3 variants.
If genuine, this is post-Soviet. Quality of construction seems really low!

Marc
Lapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:11 PM   #5
ZoZlo

Greetings, Dear People.

It Is Original Badge, BUT NOT USSR Period, It Is Ukraine Period & Serials Goes From The First Beggining, So There Can Be Even Number 999 & It Will Be For Example Duputy From 9-th Congress.
ZoZlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 02:15 PM   #6
Aharim

Meanwhile back in Crimea

Sorry to but in but I came for the badges. The discussion reminds me of the history of Crimea. (Recap even though most of you must know)

Some time around 1654, Bogdan Khmelnitsky, hetman of most of the Ukraine, having done good in battle but seeing the end approaching decided to give Ukraine to Russia, (he not finding a likely successor to hold them off)(please note - this is my version of history because afterall we are discussing the soviet union where history is as suits the needs of the writer).

Now some 300 years later, a successor unexpected by Bogdan comes along (from the Ukraine) to rule in Mother Russia, now called the Soviet Union. He decides to prove he is still Ukrainian and give a piece of Russia back, never expecting any succession issues. But merely 40 years later, was he wrong.

TO understand the Crimea you must read Stalin on Nationalities and the Nationality issue, written apparently in 1912 when he was visiting Lenin in Switzerland. Stalin did not speak any foreign languages (except perhaps ancient Greek from his seminary days) so his research at the library was through a translator, Bukharin!.

What Stalin wrote was that a nationality must have territory, shared language, shared culture and stuff. THe 'Stuff' was the substance of the article. He then explains why America and Britain can share a langauge but not be "ONE Nation." Meanwhile back in Crimea, we have the Crimean Tatars, not a majority since perhaps the 18th century. But it was 'their republic.' The majority of folks though were either Russian (the fleet) or Ukrainian - from the north and accross the border, and other minority nationalities along the coast including greeks, and who knows all.

Tatars were all expelled. They were not permitted back until the end of th e50's and were down to somethink less than 2 percent of population. Tatars have returned but still are a minority. SO who should be in charge? Should they have the dictatorship of the majority? IS that any better than dictatorship of the proliteriat? or miniority or what?

Meanwhile, I saw that badge and would want one if there were others available. Looks good to me.

Afterall, the badge from Mekhonoshin's book on Crimea, is in my basement. That one with the piece missing? A funny story that. The deputy when arrested refused to give up his badge. So the NKVD officer took a knife or shears and "cancelled" it by cutting off the corner like you would for a museum ticket. Membership cancelled! No problen you can have your badge back now!

So, wanna see the back and know the marks?

Good! Lets get back to badges. This is too long. I will post the picture separately.
Aharim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 02:45 PM   #7
Aharim

Start at the beginning - TsIK for Crimea - Reverse

Attached is the reverse of the badge from Crimea TsIK.

Note city letter - X (Greek Chi) which at one time was the code for Odessa.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scan0008.jpg (92.4 KB, 22 views)
Aharim is offline   Reply With Quote