The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Echoes of War
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,
Echoes of War

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > Post-Soviet States > Russian Federation

Russian Federation Российская Федерация 25th December 1991 -

Old 01-09-2011, 05:10 PM   #21
Roscoe

Re: Russia's Modernized Orders

I think they are actually pretty nice. But that's based on how well they are made. If they are just stamped colored metal and crummy enamel work then they aren't so great.
Roscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2011, 07:36 PM   #22
deValcourt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agresto View Post
The only problem I can see of the forgery part is that it is modern awards. Doesn't say anything about Soviet or Imperial awards.
Uhmm...if you look at the section in bold that you quoted, you will see that reproducing Soviet awards is punishable under the law. However, you are right about the Imperial awards. But, I don't think Imperial awards can be protected anymore than any other antique awards, coins or other collectibles or valuables. In other words, by the simple laws regarding selling something and claiming it is one type of thing or age when it is not. So many of the Imperial awards were made by hand that a strict standard is difficult to establish and to me, they fall under the title of antique art or crafts. It is like buying a forgery of a painting and being told it was authentic. The law of the country where it was sold and international law if it applies can be the only ones that can be used.

From the Soviet period to now, most awards can be tracked and all can be authenticated with relative ease compared to awards from the 19th century and before - at least in my opinion.

Phillip
Old 01-09-2011, 08:06 PM   #23
Pobeda45

Wow, this is news to me too. I actually think that esthetically speaking, the Kutuzov is looking better now. The others...not a fan. :thumbsdown

I suppose they are trying to make the argument that communism was just a "blip" on Russia's history, that they are returning to the Russian timeline from 18th century on. I think the ruling elite are also afraid of seeming "Soviet" on the world scene and wearing "Soviet" awards..

On the counterfeiting laws..this is good, but I suspect most of the counterfeiting is happening in the former republics anyway..

George
Pobeda45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:28 PM   #24
Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pobeda45 View Post
On the counterfeiting laws..this is good, but I suspect most of the counterfeiting is happening in the former republics anyway..
Russia is not known for its law-abiding citizens. Sale, forgery and theft of awards will go on. IMHO the most valuable part of the decree is a clear definition and a list of Russian state awards. Church, community organization, party and other numerous decorations are given an official rejection (for a lack of a better word). Though I haven't read thoroughly the section on award wear, most likely Umalatova and other unofficial pins are no longer allowed on a uniform.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:50 PM   #25
Simon

As a sequel, almost 100 yo veteran Aleksei Sokolov was awarded the new Nevsky in Kremlin for accomplishments in military-patriotic upbringing of the youth. I believe Sokolov is a 3rd awardee of this order.

Video of the ceremony:
Медведев наградил 99-летнего десантника орденом Александра Невского | Видео | Лента новостей "РИА Новости"

Pics of the veteran:
: . /
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s1.jpg (89.1 KB, 28 views)
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote