The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Echoes of War
Echoes of War
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > General And Slightly Off Topic Talk > General Talk Archive

Old 07-05-2002, 12:41 AM   #21
W. C. Stump

POINT MADE

Thanks gentlemen for the welcome to your forum. I am sorry to make such a "blitzkrieg" entrance, but I had to set the record straight about the Wehrmacht Forum not being like Mr. Zulus described. However, when you "trash talk" America, you are "trash talking" me. To me, warriors of all nations were in the large fighting because they had to or for a cause in which they believed. That personal acts of valor and bravery above and beyond the call of duty, in all wars, needs to be preserved and retold. this needs to be done to understand that inspiring character of men that make them special men answering the call of duty for their county and fellow comrades in arms. Now that I have made my point, I will share some of the great stories associated with some of my Soviet W.W.II medals of valor in teh coming days.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2002, 01:06 AM   #22
CZ
Banned

New "General Line" at the Forum?

Gentlemen,

if this should be the new "General Line" of the forum:

"It is because that 226 years ago today the Founding Fathers of America declared independence from the yoke of the English King and with the Declaration of Independence, and later through the U. S. Constitution and Bill of Rights, we Americans live free and are not afraid of the dictatorial style of government you so lovingly embrace. I thank GOD for America and I thank Him for allowing me to live in this great land of freedom.

By the way, your insulting attitude would get you an old fashion hillbilly arse kicking if you spouted of the way you do about America and its citizens and were here in the "Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave." I know because I am free and brave enough to give you an attitude adjustment hillbilly style." W.C. Stump

If members of this forum, who are not 100 % on this "General Line" are adressed as "communist-swines" - or with some other expressions at this level.

If such persons like a Mr. Stump are regarded as the new "Super-Experts" at the forum,

this forum would not be my forum anymore. I am interested in Soviet Awards and the historical surrounding, but not to hear some "State Department"-propaganda, how perfect is America ...
Old 07-05-2002, 01:13 AM   #23
alconlon

Christian,

We collect awards of a totalatarian regime and as such we are all a little off center.Governments benefit governments whatever they are.We collect because we enjoy it and screw everything else.
Have fun in what you do.

Life is short.

Happy hunting.

Thanks,Al
Old 07-05-2002, 01:21 AM   #24
alconlon

Christian,

I have 37 Orders of the Red Banner.

Who in their right mind would want 37 Orders of the Red Banner.

Then again I want more.

Happy hunting.

Thanks,Al
Old 07-05-2002, 02:26 AM   #25
CZ
Banned

Politics, Religion, Patriotic Bla-Bla at Art's forum?

Al,

people like us will never stop to collect SU-awards. Look at Dave Schwind, he has more than 300 Glorys.

As I always understood Art's philosophy for his forum, these pages should be kept free from - serious (not jokes, entertainment a.s.o.) - politics & religious affairs.

People like Mr. Stump, which his US-patriotic bla-bla are an offense for example to members from Yugoslavia or some Arab nations. I am also not going to post at Art's forum some nice photographs of the 1999 US-bombing of the children hospital in Belgrade ....

As long as this forum is a forum for Mr. Stump's writings about politics, religion and US-patriotism - that's really his serious point of view, no joke - this can not be my forum anymore. Sorry, I am not citizen of the USA and a lot of members or not citizens of the USA.

Regards from Vienna
Old 07-05-2002, 07:49 AM   #26
W. C. Stump

FOR ZULUS

Zulus:

Get the record straight and quit with the Communist Anarchist "bla-bla". I came here because you invited me members of the Wehrmacht Awards Forum, AFTER you came on like some pompous ass besmirching America, Americans, collectors of Third Reich awards, and the webmaster of the forum, Mr. Bianchi. You "jack booted" onto the forum spouting off and sound like a Soviet Political Commissar expounding your Stalinist views. That forum, like I see this one is for discussing military awards. I collect both German and Russian W.W.II awards and documents. I love to exchange information and learn about each field. You are just a jerk of the first order. As for offending members from "Yugoslavia or the Arab nations" because I defended against you spurious verbal attacks against America and our members on the Wehrmacht Awards forum, that is your opinion. If you love these countries so much I suggest you go live there and the Americans will visit you there with the same message we had for the terrorists of Afghanistan. On the other hand, if you want to discuss Soviet medals, which will be my "serious point of view" if I continue on this forum, and you stifle all that "commie crap" and keep to the subject, this forum will continue to grow. If you continue with your political agenda, I am sure everyone would not regret this "not being MY forum" as I can assure you it isn't "YOUR" forum. It is a forum for the members only wanting to discuss Soviet military orders and medals.
Old 07-05-2002, 08:24 AM   #27
CZ
Banned

Mr. Stump

I think the situation has reached the point, where there are only two oppertunities left:

a) either Mr. Stump shuts his mouth and opens it only for this sort of discussion this forum is made for - nobody is interested in the sophisticated philosophy of Mr. Stump from Kentucky, that he thanks god, to live in the USA and that the US-forces should do the same with Yugoslavia, as they did in Afghanistian .....

b) or my person - and I expect also some other non-US-members - will leave Art's forum.

It's time to act.

BTW: Please have a look at Mr. Stump's postings at the Nazi-forum, judge their intellectuel level and you will agree with me, that his elaborations are rather "stumpfsinnig", as we say in german language.
Old 07-05-2002, 09:03 AM   #28
Tal Inbar

Members of the forum!

I think this thread swhos why the "pub" wasn't a good idea in the first place. Political, geografical and cultural differences make this thread an areena for insults and shouts.

I think your energy should be directed toward constructive use of the forum. You can still use the private message for exchange of insults....

Please be respomssible and STOP this thread, as it is a waste of time, and does not get us all, as a community of collectors, ANYWARE.

Tal Inbar
Old 07-05-2002, 09:11 AM   #29
CZ
Banned

Please close this thread

Tal,

excellent idea, to close this thread.

I myself got convinced now, that such a "Worker's Club" might be a dangerous section, there are too many Mr. Stump's around, who take everything literally and serious.

Regards from Vienna
Old 07-05-2002, 11:11 AM   #30
Art
Forum Founder

The enlightenment of man

Well, I guess it's time I put the black boots of authority on again.

A day or two after Christian proposed the Workers Club forum, he emailed me regarding the feasibility of this new forum. For the record, I am happy to consider all requests for new forums. Anything that has the potential to expand our knowledge of Soviet awards, belongs on the forum.

I gave it some thought, but I decided against it, and I emailed Christian my thoughts on why I didn't like it. First, the forum would attract nothing but off-topic conversation with no great relevance to the hobby. In essence, it would be wasting space and bandwidth I need for other areas. Images take up bandwidth, which is why I had to recently bump down the maximum attachment image size from 80K to 50K. If you take a look at other websites with a message board, you will see that similar off-topic "general talk" forums are usually the most active and contain the most messages. Couple this with the fact that we are an image loving forum, and you can see how something like this could get out of control. Second, I felt that the conversation we saw within the proposal thread was a mirror for the type of conversation that we could expect in this forum. Namely, name calling, insults towards others country, comments with racial overtones, etc...I was going to close the thread early, but I remember the reaction I had after doing it to another seemingly political thread and I decided that I would let it go a little longer. Well, I think it's time the thread was closed.

Since the first day of the forum, I had a strict policy of not allowing this type of talk on my forum and it still stands. There are two official locations on this website which are very clear on this. I would hope everyone has read them by now, but if not please be sure to read them, because in accessing this forum, you are agreeing to these terms of use as is stated at the bottom of every page of the website:

terms of use

and again in the Forum announcements and Rules,

http://soviet-awards.addr.com/forum/...3?threadid=350

So, let's get back to exchanging information and not insults.

Art