The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,
Echoes of War
Echoes of War

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > Post-Soviet States > Russian Federation > Russian Federation Uniforms

Old 04-02-2011, 12:27 PM   #11
Commissar

Re: Help with RF uniforms

I purchased an FSB visor cap from those guys like a year or so ago, when I got it in my hands I could tell instantly that it was bad, poor construction and what not, the inside had multiple tears after I suppose somebody had jammed the cockade into and left a hole in the sweat band.
The coat that came with it was a nice heavy great coat and it kept me warm last winter, sooo...yay?
Commissar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2011, 04:40 PM   #12
Laurent

I contacted these guys and everything went well... until they told me there was a mistake on their list and that the uniform I was interested in has been already sold, strange isn't it?!?
They certainly check our discussion on the forum...

Anyway, thanks for your help, especially you Tretov! :thumbsup
Old 04-06-2011, 04:41 PM   #13
Laurent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissar View Post
I purchased an FSB visor cap from those guys like a year or so ago, when I got it in my hands I could tell instantly that it was bad, poor construction and what not, the inside had multiple tears after I suppose somebody had jammed the cockade into and left a hole in the sweat band.
The coat that came with it was a nice heavy great coat and it kept me warm last winter, sooo...yay?
Hopefully you had a warm winter!... :D
Jokes apart, it is very bad for the cap :censored
Old 04-06-2011, 05:18 PM   #14
Tretov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
I contacted these guys and everything went well... until they told me there was a mistake on their list and that the uniform I was interested in has been already sold, strange isn't it?!?
They certainly check our discussion on the forum...

Anyway, thanks for your help, especially you Tretov! :thumbsup
I am not that surprised; some of the stuff that was on the site when I first saw the site several years ago is still up for sale.

As for authenticity of RF uniforms (sorry, I forgot to respond) - I cannot really give any really good advice than the usual; quality of embroideries on shoulder boards and collar etc, overall shape (for sure some of their visor caps have strange top shape), the feeling and quality etc.
Tretov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 07:05 AM   #15
pride

Trident Military is a total scam.

As some of you know i've been collecting Cuban militaria since 2005. He wrote to me a few days ago on ebay asking very detailed questions about uniforms: type of internal labels, number of pockets and other details. Then, perhaps absently, wrote something he shouldn't have. Answering a specific question here is what he wrote. Today it's clear enough that he sells cunterfait ranks and uniforms.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20210530_175115_com.ebay.mobile.jpg (51.4 KB, 4 views)
pride is offline   Reply With Quote