The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Echoes of War
Seeking following Soviet campaign medals for ..,
Echoes of War

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > General And Slightly Off Topic Talk > General Talk Archive

Old 12-31-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
desantnik
Forum Moderator

Carl Bundtrock

Does anyone know how to get in touch with member Carl Bundtrock "Bundtrock" from the Dallas-Fort Worth area? We have some unfinished business that I would like to resolve. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2012, 01:29 PM   #2
CtahhR
Forum Administrator

Re: Carl Bundtrock

From his sign up with the forum he was a heavy user of it until 5th November and a thread about an "unsuccessful" "off forum" deal. He has not logged in since 20th November and has now been banned for 90 days for failure to honour an "on forum" marketplace deal.

A rather unfortunate situation. I would remind everyone that off forum deals are not bound to forum rules and they should be entered in to with that knowledge.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:51 PM   #3
Tommy

And after all that lip he gave on here!

Some people eh.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:12 AM   #4
desantnik
Forum Moderator

Our world, society, community, and families are built on trust. When that trust frays, everyone suffers.

Sometime in September, Bundtrock (Carl Lamkin) purchased the following from me, as well as an off-line request for a copy of the Soviet veteran badge book off-line with personalized autographs:

http://soviet-awards.com/forum/vbcla...?do=ad&id=1609

After receiving the above items, he PMd me his satisfaction on 13 OCT reproduced below:

"Wanted to let you know that I got the books today and a VERY SPECIAL THANK YOU for the badges and documentation, that was extremely nice of you and means a great deal to me, I will keep them forever!

I will be paying you, via USPS Money Order or Personal Check, $113.35 and sending it to you at your parents address in AZ. I will PM you to let you know when it has been mailed and should be within the next 6 weeks.

I look forward to reading your books very much.

Thank you again for all your kindness and help.

Carl"

Shortly after that time with some discussion about "kiwiussr"'s apparently fraudulent self-promotion (see http://soviet-awards.com/forum/sovie...ns-medals.html), Carl Lamkin PM'd me the following criticism of kiwiussr and confirmation concerning his intent to pay up his debt:

"Wanted to let you know that I have NOT FORGOTTEN that I owe you for the two books, got the sticky you sent up on my computer for where to mail the payment to, will likely be doing that the first week of November and will PM you the delivery details.

I read your listing where kiwiussr stiffed you, wanted to assure you I AM NOT LIKE THAT, I keep my word and pay for what I buy and don't just forget about it.

Thanks again,
Carl"

To which my reply on 13 OCT 12: "Carl, thank you for your assurances - I'm certain you'll do the right thing."

On 20 NOV 2012, he then purchased a new item which was promptly mailed:

http://soviet-awards.com/forum/vbcla...?do=ad&id=2634

Mr. Lamkin hasn't been back on the forum under his "Bundtrock" name since 20 NOV 12.

I have PMd him both on 15 DEC and 20 DEC, as well as brought my concern to Art on 30 DEC, at which Art also attempted to reach him, then banned him after no reply. Through the information of a forum member, I've also attempted to reach Mr. Lamkin on alternate emails. Mindful of the holidays, I waited until 2 JAN to call his white pages listed phone number which is apparently disconnected.

I understand people fall on bad times - many of you here can attest to my flexibility and understanding. I don't like writing this and even hope that Mr. Lamkin had an explainable rash of bad occurrences from which he'll bounce back and clear his name. Other forum members should agree with me on condemning a fellow who has broken repeated promises.

Until that time, I warn anyone from dealing with:

Mr. Carl Lamkin
1208 N. Knowles Dr.
Ft. Worth, TX 76179
(817) 386-0918

Carl, nothing would please me more than to reconcile this and I'll remove the posting. Until then, the collecting community is small and others should be made aware of your behavior.

Last edited by desantnik; 01-02-2013 at 08:14 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #5
CtahhR
Forum Administrator

I think we just found either a zombie or con artist.
In memoriam of our fellow collector Carl Lamkin - Passport-Collector.com | Passport-Collector.com

Look at interests on his profile - Interests "Passports,Documents,Photos"

This is even more disturbing - alan polonsky is an ###: alan polonsky the harasser

Look at the first comment and line things up....
Oh dear....................
Old 01-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #6
Auke

I have had similar experiences with him. Late September he asked me to conduct research on one of his Red Banners, but after he felt he was insulted on the forum on November 5 he told me he didn't have the intention of paying for it. My researcher had already been working on it for a while, so we weren't too happy about that. Moreover, he publicly accused me of breaking my promises (according to him I had promised him the research would be completed within two weeks and he had the emails to prove this), which I never promised of course. He never forwarded these emails to me, even though I had asked for them repeatedly. I haven't heard anything from him since. I am sorry to hear that Paul has had even worse experiences with him. It seems to me he cannot handle even the slightest amount of disagreement and is just ignoring everybody with a connection to this forum.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #7
CtahhR
Forum Administrator

From doing a little research today it would seem very much that this person (whatever their name may be) is a habitual confidence trickster.

There is a lot more "bad news" about this character if you take a walk down google street (not that that is the best evidence in the world but it doesn't look good by any means).
Old 01-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #8
GabrielMk3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtahhR View Post
I think we just found either a zombie or con artist.
In memoriam of our fellow collector Carl Lamkin - Passport-Collector.com | Passport-Collector.com

Look at interests on his profile - Interests "Passports,Documents,Photos
I'm thinking that he didn't pay the documents, and when the lad called his "brother", he probably just said he had passed away.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #9
desantnik
Forum Moderator

Now his email is returning emails as undeliverable:

cwl76179@charter.net

Classy...
Old 01-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #10
CtahhR
Forum Administrator

I have been in communication with the "Passport Collector" today (the person who put up the obituary in July) and it is indeed the very same person that was at the same physical address.

Fortunately this Carl (whatever his last name is today) seems to be consistently working from the same physical address so isn't going to be that difficult to track down.

If you have a "blacklist", add this person to it. There is a lot of information on this blog - Carl Robison-Lamkin.

You have been warned.