The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum  
  • Serial Numbers Database 2.0
Enter Here

vBClassified Featured Listings
Echoes of War

Go Back   The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum > Soviet Awards Forums > General And Slightly Off Topic Talk

General And Slightly Off Topic Talk Forum for exchanging ideas and talking about general issues without straying too far off topic.

Old 03-27-2004, 12:51 PM   #1
Christophe

Visiting And Shopping In Areas Outside The Former Soviet Union.

Hi to All,

Do you know where to find medals in Montreal (Canada) ?
I'm interested in flea markets, dealers' adresses, etc... Do you have good addresses to recommand ?

Are there some Forum Members living there ? I'll be there part of next week...

In advance, many thanks.
Cheers.

Ch.
Christophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 07:42 AM   #2
otlichnik

Christophe,

Sorry for the late reply. As a Canadian I can state that Canada is a dud for Soviet items. Used to be able to find good stuff in the early 90s in Toronto pawn shops but little since then. The few things you can find are either fake or over-priced if held by regular medal dealers. There are a few people in Toronto who Ebay-it but I don't think they have stores.

I have done Montreal several times and never found a thing of interest - Soviet that is. Enjoy the old city, rue St. Denis, rue St. Catherine and the girls and forget about Soviet stuff.

If you find yourself in Ottawa after this August you can visit me!!

Shawn
otlichnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 06:35 PM   #3
dannybou

Bonjour Christophe

Unfortunetely there isn't much in Montreal. One store which sells militaria and Soviet medals is here:

Surplus d'Armée sports St-Laurent, 1611 St-Laurent street Montreal H2X 2S9. Phone: 514-843-3040 ask for Isaak

I went and visited this store last week. He has loads and loads of Soviet medals, but mostly only jubilee ones and at horrendous prices. $20 for what normally sells for $5 on the net or from reputable international dealers. Don't know when you will be in Montreal, but there is a medal show in Ottawa on the 31st of October and a militaria show in Longueuil which is on the south shore of Montreal on the 14th of November and I am told that there are numerous medal dealers at this militaria show.
Old 10-30-2004, 05:50 AM   #4
Christophe

Bonjour Dannybou,

Many thanks for your message.
In fact I will only arrive on the 15th of November, and won't be able to arrive earlier for the Longueuil Show. Never mind...
DSuring my stay, I'll try to pay a visit to the Surplus d'Armée.

Many thanks for the informations and your help.

Cheers.

Ch.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:49 AM   #5
scook17

Soviet awards in Munich

Hi,

I have recently moved to Munich and there are quite a few shops here selling coins and medals, stamps, postcards etc. I have only been here a few days and as I am working I never seem to be able to get to anywhere before it closes.

Anyone recommend somewhere to look for soviet stuff?

Kind Regards,
Shane Cook.
scook17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 01:12 PM   #6
scook17

I've heard they have a few good markets in Frankfurt. I might take a tip there over the weekend. Any german members of the forum care to comment?

Kind Regards,
Shane Cook.
scook17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 09:18 PM   #7
Dat Nguyen

Floh Markt in Frankfurt

Greetings,

There is one every Sat along the Main River in Frankfurt near Sachsenhausen. I think its near the Schaumainkai(sp?). Quite a large flea market; you may find a few vendors that sell soviet militatia; common stuff not very much high end stuff like before I've spent LOTS of money there from 93-98.

You can go to this web site: http://veranstaltungen.marktcom.de

There it list all the flea markets in your area group by the German postal zip codes. (moderators, I hope that the link above is allowed) Good hunting and let us know what you find.

v/r
Dat Nguyen
Dat Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 11:10 AM   #8
Taz

Dortmund

Welcome to Germany Shane,
this maybe a bit far to travel but during the Winter period there is always a "Militaria Messe" in the Dortmund Westfalen halle.
I'll try and find out the exact dates for you if you like.

Eddie.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:11 PM   #9
Christophe

Soviet and Chinese medals in Beijing (China)

Where to find Soviet and Chinese medals in Beijing (Pekin) in China ?

Hi to All,

By chance, would you know where to find medals in Beijing (China) ?
I'm interested in flea markets, dealers' adresses, etc... Do you have good address to recommand ?

I will be there next week. In advance, many thanks.
Cheers.

Ch.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:45 AM   #10
knightcat

Well, sir, I am a Chinese. I advice you to visit the Pan Jia Yuan flea market(潘家圆旧货市场). It is the largerest flea market in north China and you can find all kinds of antiques there, including some medals and orders(many are fakes). But I am afraid you will not find the TOP China Military Orders there unless you are really a lucky dog or may be you will find one or two but the prices are crazy. I have been collected Chinese orders for several years, and the prices of order for those order which issued in 1955(three kind sand each have three classes) and 1988(four kinds) are ascending quickly.
knightcat is offline   Reply With Quote